• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Computer Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I brought a computer home from the office, as I had replaced the one at the office (yesterday was a really, really stressful day - getting everything transferred and up and running.)

I come home, pull out the old computer, set this one up, turn it on....and guess what - my monitor screen is dark bright blue and I have no other colors! I have tried everything that I know of (settings, etc.) and nothing changes it! Does it sound dead to evryone? How can just unplugging it in one location and plugging it in again in another blow it out? I am really, really puzzlied about this one!

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Do you have the monitor connected to the CPU?

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
Yes, I'm using it now...it is just really difficult to see. Like dark neon blue.

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Pull the vga cable that runs from the monitor to the computer and check to see if you have bent one of the pins. I would be willing to bet you have one pin laying down and possibly shorting to another one. If you do, with a pair of really small tweezers, pull it back out so you can reach it with some pliers, then with a small pair of needle nose pliers, straighten it out as best you can, then CAREFULLY reinsert the cable into the computer.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hurray Greg!!!! You were right! The minute I touched the cable from the monitor it starting clearing up. It just wasn't plugged in right! I'm back in business and not ruining my eyes! When in doubt, plug it in right! Thanks bunches! Glad you were reading the forum today. I was really whining over this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks