• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Configuring Aurora to track your miles and hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medinaappraisal

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
I have navigated through the Aurora Appraisal Desktop and customized my tabs to include miles and hours per assignment for tax purposes. I realize that when you click on the globe icon next to the "map reference" field in the "Order" view/window, Aurora automatically tells you the distance from your office to the subject however, it does not populate this information to your desktop tab for miles. As of right now both the miles and hours columns/tabs are blank for all of my reports in the desktop. Can anyone explain to me how to enable these two tabs to keep better track of my time and depreciation of my vehicle.

-Best Regards
:new_newbie:

darinb

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Man that would be wonderful...

VolcanoLvr

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Re: vehicle.........

Why not just keep a monthly mileage log in your vehicle? At the start of each month, record the actual odometer mileage, then keep track of each assignment, or work-related travel by day...like going to the bank, buying office supplies, etc.

Using the standard mileage rate from the IRS is easier than calculating depreciation and actual costs.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
An actual (handwritten) mileage log that you keep in your car will include all of the backtracking we some times have to do because of contruction, one way streets, heavy traffic so you have to go around, people in yard so you have to come back for another attempt at photo, etc.

Your computer mileage list will not contain these.

Try using a check register book in the car. It is pre lined, neat little columns you can use any way you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks