• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Construction Draw Form, Is There One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
In the new version, is there a Construction Draw Form? Like I said previously, I have MCS and am considering upgrading to ACI, but if it doesn't have that form, I'm not bothering. We do a lot of draw inspections and there's no draw form with MCS. Now, in 1988 there was one, but they dropped it.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Charlotte:

In looking through the forms in the V8.5 beta I have loaded on my puter I found three forms that might be what you need for construction draw reports.

1. Custom Construction Disbursement Inspection Report.
2. 5 Stage Disbursment Inspection Reprort
3. 7 Stage Disbursment Inspection Reprort

I can't access them for some reason so can't send you copies. Why not check with ACI and see what they say? Those forms may be the same as what is in MCS.

My experience with the V8.5 beta has been good. If anyone reading this post has the street version of V8.5 it would be interesting to read any comments you can share with us.

Good luck,

sos

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Dave:

I have Version 8.5 and I also can not access those forms. It appears they are not part of the standard package. There might be an addition charge for these forms.

Jay Sosna

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Jay:

I just sent an email to my contact at ACI asking about the forms. When I get a reply I'll pass it on.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:D

I sent 'em to Charlotte...

No one sent me the update yet!

Some times this is a goood thing.

The only one I could not access in 'clear mode' was the "Construction Inspection Report" which came across with DEMO.

I found the following in addition to the above 'unlock required' form

1. NBD Custom Construction Disbursement Inspection Report.
2. NBD 5 Stage Disbursment Inspection Report
3. NBD 7 Stage Disbursment Inspection Report
4. NBD Manufactured Houseing Disbursment Inspection Report

Please advise if you learn anything about whether these reports will be permenantly unavailable after the upgrade :angry: ... If so I may elect to print a few and stuff in a folder :idea:

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Today I installed the official Version 8.5 program. The forms mentioned earlier in this thread are now available.

Charlotte, the V8.5 version updates information says there is an MCS conversion feature. It looks like you would be able to covert your MCS reports to ACI.

sos

Professional Status
State
Florida
Dave:

I also have the official 8.5 program but I can not access those forms. Check to see if you have the Construction Suite checked under license info. As a beta tester all of the program may be available to you. Mine is not checked. I have to pay retail. :)

Jay Sosna

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
oooh AHHH!

Hey Dave have you tried to convert any old MCI forms to aci8..

(still waiting and want to be carefull with trying to update any old stuff...

does it put the record into TRACK!

this is what I have been waiting for for YEARS>>..

Bryan Reynolds

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
I have used MCS for approx. 10 years back to when it was a great program (DOS ver.)

There is still an appraiser here that still uses it.

I upgraded to ACI ver 7 over a year ago.

ACI support inidcates the old Construction Disb. form is not available. Form CLD. I have used my old system when I need this form. I have been told they have a similar form if you send them more $$$ and get it unlocked.

I reently send them more $$$ to get an associate license for a user to be able to use hre computer at home. Asked about renewing service agreement and getting construction suite throw in.. No deals anymore.

Tom James used to work with you. Now it more $$$ for anything and everytime you turn around.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Jay said:
Check to see if you have the Construction Suite checked under license info. As a beta tester all of the program may be available to you.
Jay:
Yes, the Construction Suite box is checked on the license info tab. As for my version of V8.5 being different because I am a beta tester I don't think that makes any difference. As far as I know the CD I used to install V8.5 yesterday is exactly the same as that shipped to anyone else. A beta tester is nothing more than a guinea pig, willing to communicate with ACI on problems found and work with ACI on solving those problems. My license with ACI is the same as what anyone else has. I don't have any special software or special deals. I did have some beta versions of V8.5 before the official version was sent out, so that I could help ACI test the update in the real world.

I have no special insights into how ACI does business or what forms are included in which license agreements. If there are particular forms not available to a specific appraiser all I can suggest is to contact ACI directly for help.

Lee Ann:
I have never used MCS so I can't even try to convert an MCS report. I have no way of knowing if it puts the report in Track. All I know is that MCS convert shows up on the file - convert tab when I look at it. The three files extensions listed on the conversion menu for MCS are *.mcx, *.mcs & *.frm. If your files have those extensions then I would think you can convert them. As for "putting it in TRACK" it probably will once you have made the conversion and closed out the converted file.

My early assessment of V8.5 is that it is the best update I've ever gotten from ACI. It installed flawlessly and I've had no problems so far. There are some minor enhancements and tweaks to the software too.
Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks