• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Contact your Sen/Rep re AMC regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
With appraisal and financial fraud on the front burner, take a minute and contact your Senators and Representatives about AMC regulation.

We can whine and complain here. If you feel strongly, tell people who can do something about it.

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
Did that , got a generic e mail about anything but the appraisal business.The Bolsheviks are in power and we need the 2nd amendment..

Joe Booth

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I also got some generic response about the mortgage crisis and a plan to bail out those who made poor decisions or tried to pull one over with inflated income. This is actually the second time. After the first response I told my representative to please read the letter I sent because her response was not even on subject. I got the same generic letter in response to that. What the....

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
We all know about problems with AMC's however we all do not have proof of abuse, evidence of pressure, etc. It would be helpful if a data base of AMC problems were avaliable so that specific problems can be cited and proved by indivuals contacting elected officials. Perhaps talking points like politicians use should be developed.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I firmly believe I have enough proof for a major national Civil RICO. Just searching for the right law firm.

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
State
Florida
Pam

What about Scott from MyTechnologyLawyer Radio Shows he surely understands Appraising and send him a email and maybe he can talk about it today at 4.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
I don't know how things work in Texas (OP's location), but in most state's, I believe, proposed legislation is offered by interested ("special interest group") parties. It may be difficult, lacking such concerted effort, to interest a particular legislator in sponsoring a bill.

Joe Booth

Professional Status
State
California
Can we as a group (the active members of this forum) pick a day, say every week, where we all contact our representatives? I am not proposing a form letter because they are not as effective. I am proposing a personalized letter with your own concerns. Let's step it up a bit so they hear our voice. "we are here, we are here, we are heeeere!!!!" Call, write, e-mail, as many as you see as you can, pick a day, once a week, the same ones. I think there should be universal contacts like Barney Frank and others (please make suggestions). If we do not have a voice then the "dust speck will be boiled". Sorry for the "Horton Hears a Who" analogies but I think it is appropriate.

smackodu

Professional Status
State
Maryland
And why again do we need AMC regulation by the the Fedral Government? Fannie and Freddie were regulated. Did it work? Hell no!!!. The regulators who wanted to do their job were stonewalled by politicians who were bought and paid for by special interests. What make anyone believe regulating AMC's is going to work this time?

Highlander416

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
With appraisal and financial fraud on the front burner, take a minute and contact your Senators and Representatives about AMC regulation.

We can whine and complain here. If you feel strongly, tell people who can do something about it.

It theory, this is a great idea and the American way. Practically, it doesn't work. I have joked on other threads that our reps have there finger on the delete button to handle our e-mails and a shredder set on high to handle our letters. Unfortunately, this may not be far from the truth. I am convinced based on the form letters that come back, often addressing unrelated issues, that our letters are not being read.

We need to redo the petition and have it geared for our needs now. I think our letters would have more weight. I am open for ideas. If you guys think we should write a letter and call every week. I will do it. However, I am not convinced it will do any good. We need some level of organization.

Even a petition sent to every member of this forum or how about all the members of AppraiserUSA? That is a ton of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks