• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Contacting a Florida Appraisal Board Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masmia

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I've had my Cert.Gen. application at the state since October and twice I've recevied wrong info from the State call center that have delayed my app. over three months. Most recently when I spoke with the call center last week to make sure all systems were go the rep he told my application was complete and would be reviewed by the board today. I called the state today on a hunch and was told that the person I spoke with last week gave me wrong info and that my app. was not processed and did not go in front of the board today. To top it off the next time the board meets is in April. This is the second time something like this happens and it has cost my more than three months and over $5,000.

So, I have found the contact info for a State Appraisal Board member that is here in Miami and was planning on calling her tomorrow to plead my case. Aside from the potential extra attention my application might get is there any reason not to call a board member? Thanks for your input.

nauthead

Professional Status
State
Florida
As luck would have it, Francois K. Gregoire is a member of this forum. He might be of some assistance to you.

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
The FREAB is currently in session through Tuesday 2/5. Whoever you call will most likely not answer until Wednesday or Thursday. Have you contacted Ms Peacock at the Dept of Business and Professional Regulation in Orlando? She'll be at the FREAB meeting so I'd wait until Wednesday.

Why does the FREAB have to approve the application? That's not usually their function unless you answered YES to the prior criminal acts questions.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
It took me 6 months to get approval to sit the FL CR exam. Regardless of the fact I have been in the business 16 years and hold an SRA designation. I was lucky. I know someone else who had to wait 9 months to get approved to sit the CG exam. Even though she was already a CG in a different state.

The problem I observed is that whenever the application goes from one desk to another, it takes 30 days for that person to review the application. And that is exactly what I was told by someone at the call center when I tried to find out why my application was taking so long to get approved. I even spoke to a supervisor who basically said "That's the way it is and I can't help you."

In all fairness, I spoke with someone at the Div of RE in Orlando who was very helpful. The bottleneck is with the licensing people in Tallahassee.

masmia

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Why does the FREAB have to approve the application? That's not usually their function unless you answered YES to the prior criminal acts questions.

I was told by the call center that the Board has to approve the application before I was cleared to take the exam. Maybe even that info is incorrrect. I'm gonna call tomorrow am and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks