• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Contacting The Appraiser For A VA Reinspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

scvaldez

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
We are purchasing a home using a VA loan. We got the appraisal and a few items needed work (wasp nest removed, repaint trim, etc.)
The work has been completed and the reinspection was ordered on Friday (7/14).

Would it be ok to call the appraiser myself and ask about the reinspection or should I just wait it out?

Also our closing date was moved to 7/28 (the last day our interest rate is locked) to accommodate for the reinspection. Is it possible that we will have to extend again?

CindyR

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Reinspection guidelines here in AZ suggest we should try to complete them in 48 hours. it would be ok to call the appraiser just to be sure there was no problem in the process and that they did receive the request,

scvaldez

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
Thank you CindyR!
I emailed the lender to see if they have reached out to her about it. But I haven't heard back. And I don't want to be a bother or step on any toes.
I have the appraisers email and phone number. I'm thinking about just sending an email. Just really nervous right now.
Oh and I'm in central TX.

Confident Rabbit

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Thank you CindyR!
I emailed the lender to see if they have reached out to her about it. But I haven't heard back. And I don't want to be a bother or step on any toes.
I have the appraisers email and phone number. I'm thinking about just sending an email. Just really nervous right now.
Oh and I'm in central TX.

Thank you for your service. As a VA appraiser (and a fellow veteran), I don't mind if the vet contacts me with concerns about a needed inspection and a rate lock expiring. But I won't act on the inspection until my client hires me to do so. Emailing the appraiser about your timing issue is okay (IMO), but put the pressure where it belongs... on your loan originator.

Good luck!

scvaldez

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
Thank you for your service. As a VA appraiser (and a fellow veteran), I don't mind if the vet contacts me with concerns about a needed inspection and a rate lock expiring. But I won't act on the inspection until my client hires me to do so. Emailing the appraiser about your timing issue is okay (IMO), but put the pressure where it belongs... on your loan originator.

Good luck!
Hi Proactive.
Thank you for replying! I had sent off an email to the LO but haven't heard back yet. My realtor also happen to email him as well to get an update and he hasn't heard back either. It was suppose to be ordered on Friday but I haven't seen a charge for it yet. I was told that they would charge the $150 when the VA system schedule's it (?). I'm going to go a head and give her a call tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear back from my LO.

1963Clipper

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Texas
The VA reg is NOT that notice of value conditions be cleared before loan closing, its that they be fulfilled prior to the lender obtaining VA guaranty on the loan POST-closing. That's why they allow you to escrow for the repair - see chapeter 9.09 in the VA lenders handbook. Google it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks