• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Continuing education requirements COVID

Zoe

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Question to TN board was:

" For appraiser continuing education, can all 28 hours be taken online due to COVID virus? "

Answer was:

"Thank you for contacting the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance. My name is ###### and I will be more than happy to assist you today! Please see the following information regarding virtual courses.

Virtual Courses

This is a notice to all Tennessee Real Estate Appraisers and Course providers. Per Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs 1255-02-.04, all resident Tennessee Real Estate Appraisers are required to do half of continuing education for a renewal cycle in a classroom setting. As of now, we are unable to change this specific requirement. However, per the Appraisal Subcommittee and the Appraiser Qualifications Board, we are temporarily allowing those courses that would otherwise be taught in a classroom setting to be taught virtually, as long as they meet these requirements:

The educational offering under consideration is currently approved for traditional classroom presentation;
The platform utilized for distance education is live and interactive;
The instructor verifies photo identification of the students; and
The instructor maintains an attendance roster, which includes verifying 100% classroom attendance by, for example, taking attendance at various established times during the course.

Please feel free to contact us should further assistance be needed.
Thank You,

In the next day or two you will receive an e-mail with one question, “We'd love to hear what you think about your interaction with the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance.” The answer is a simple thumbs up or thumbs down. We take pride in our customer service and would appreciate your feedback! "

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Talked with an education provider of virtual classes and they said it requires web cam on your computer. They said you can't sleep through it or be grocery shopping or having sex during class.

They said your on camera. They said they have seen some pretty funny things. Won't get credit. lol

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I am not opposed to the government providing an appraiser a webcam or computer with an access to virtual learning. I assume most appraisers have a cell phone or a computer with a webcam. I have no basis for my analysis that most appraisers have a webcam or access to one. Internet access is a given if your an appraiser if you can survive. If they don't have internet access, I guess govt should provide that.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
One education provider told me this pandemic could change the whole landscape where all appraisal education goes virtual. At least from the big providers. I am not counting colleges in the mix, but think about the savings on space.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
You know I love it when you talk dirty to me. :rof::rof:

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Has anybody done a virtual class lately? I am asking how the experience was because I am probably going to take my first pretty soon.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I don't think it is right that some states allow all education online and some states don't and require virtual classroom as a substitute. However, how was your experience with the virtual classroom experience?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks