• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Copy interior walls and fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wyoming
I cannot figure out how to copy the interior walls of an area to another area. I know how to clone but that only does the exterior walls. To help make clear my problem, let me explain what I am trying to do. I am working on a 4-plex which has the exact same floorplan on both the first and second floors. I would like to draw the interior walls, labels, and icons for the first floor then copy them to the second. Even better, I would like to do the interior features for one unit on the first floor then mirror it to the other unit on the first floor. Then copy both to the second floor.
FYI, I am using Apex IV Limited. If a version that accomplishes this exist, I would potential buy it (especially if it had an undo function) Thank you.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Wyoming,

Sorry to just now be seeing this. I've been away and just getting back to a reliable Internet connection. There are versions that do what I believe you are describing, but lets check your current version info first so we can see if these features are in an upGRADE or a free upDATE... :)

To check your version number, select "About" from the Help menu. The dialog that pops up will display a version and a date. Let me know that info and we'll see what the best way is to get you the features you need.

In the interim, here is a page with some videos demonstrating some of the more popular features and enhancements to Apex. The "What's New in Medina v4" video is the most comprehensive. The particular item you mention ("Clone All") along with flipping and mirroring, is briefly demonstrated starting in the 6:19 - 6:40 time slice. If you want to see a more detailed demo of this, select the Clone link from the list.

http://www.apexwin.com/v5/apr_standard.php

These videos are more marketing based than tutorial, but there are also real Tutorial type videos available in the newest versions which get down to showing more detail - keystrokes, mouse clicks, etc. These are available for download and then can be accessed from the Help menu in addition to the regular document-type User Guide help.

Also, multi-level "Undo" and "Redo" were added to the regular products a few years ago. Helps out a lot for those "oops" items... :)

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Wyoming

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Wyoming
Apex IV, Limited (the use of limited does not mean the same thing as when you see it on a car. right?)
Version:2.91.1073.1
8/25/04

I recognize that I am going to have to buy Medina or the like but had a couple questions first:

I use a "company version" of ACI that is not registered in my name. Will I have to go through ACI to integrate Medina?

If I leave the company I am with and start using a la mode, would I be able to transfer the license?

What if I wanted to install it on a new computer, would I need a new license?

Also, a la mode give 2 licenses on the assumption the appraiser will have two workplaces (home, office), would I then have to buy another license of Medina?

Thank you.

Wyoming

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Wyoming
Also. I think the Apex website is down.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
Wyoming,

I am not in sales, so I don't know all the ins and outs, so you will want to give the folks a call for sales and licensing type questions. I'm pretty familiar with old versions of Apex, but I cannot remember a "Limited" edition - maybe I am just old, LOL. Maybe it was some special version only available through a reseller (?)

One of the things added starting with Version 3 was the ability to use the program in "integrated" mode or "stand-alone" mode. This was done so people could use it with multiple forms programs. As you know, it is not uncommon for appraisers to use multiple forms packages. During the "v3 era", there were custom versions done done some companies and those versions cannot run in their competitors' software through integration.

Today, Apex v4 ("Medina") is the same program for all forms companies - the only difference between different versions is by industry - i.e. for fee appraisers, mass appraisers, insurance companies, etc. where their users have different requirements. Setting up the integration between the different forms companies varies somewhat, but the actual sketch software is the same. You'll want to mention your multiple forms usage to the person you talk with so they can help make sure everything is set up correctly, but your license to use Apex Medina as your sketch program is not tied to any one forms company.

What sort of problem did you have accessing the Apex web site? I don't think it went down... I am away and having to access the Internet via satellite connection (S.L.O.W.) but I went there to get the links I provided, rand the videos to be sure I had the right ones and just went there again to check after reading your last post. You might try the links again. Let me know if you have a problem - I don't know what I can do to help from here, but I'll try... :)

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Wyoming

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Wyoming
Thank you very much for the help. Earlier, I started watching a video and it stopped half way through. I then tried accessing different parts of the Apex site but no response. All is good now and I can watch the videos.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
Glad to help, Wyoming!

Let me know if I can help once you speak with Apex. Like I said, I am not in sales, but as an ex-appraiser, I still remember what it is like to deal with salespeople, LOL. I will pass along this thread to them.

Also, let me know if you have any questions on the videos or features. That IS stuff I know a bit about... ;-)

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks