• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Copy Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
We are looking at leasing a new copy machine the one we currently have is one of those flat tops that looks like a scanner copy time is about 2 pages a minute. We don't use it that much but it is a pain when we need to make several copies and right now it is making a horrible dying noise. Anyone out there currently on a lease program for a copy machine. Any input would be great good/bad or ugly.

Thanks,

Ryan

DHerbst

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
I just upgraded from an antique copier and a plain paper fax machine to digital copier/fax.

My copier was an old Konica 2020 which was sent to me by God to build my patience.

My fax was a plain paper panasonic which used film to create the image. I was using 2-3 rolls of $29 film per month.

A buddy leased a toshiba 25ppm, digital copier, fax for $225 per month 5 year contract supplies included. That seemed excessive to me so I looked at a xerox and ended up with a 16ppm, digital copier fax with a feeder, stapler, offset collater for about $5,500 or $159/month, 3 year lease, supplies not included.

It also can scan and print to/from your computer if you need.

Good Luck.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
For my humble, one person office I bought a Sharp Z-835 copier for about $600 five and a half years ago--still going strong. Will either use paper from a bottom tray or a side tray. Can handle multiple pages. Been very satisfied with it. About a year ago had to spend $100 on replacements of plastic rollers. So I have definitely gotten my $600 worth. Now my five year old Sharp Multi-functional plain paper fax machine that cost $400 receives faxes just fine, but can send out only one page--rollers are wearing out and it is not worth fixing. So that receives faxes. Then I have $179 Brother bought at WalMart two years ago that is multi-function-plain paper fax, copier, scanner, printer, PC fax and phone. It has been humming along now as my desk phone (which means if a client dials my voice number to send a fax, I receive it), scanner, and outgoing fax. Besides it has to sit next to my computer to be used as a scanner, so by using it as a phone, one less item on my work table. While my copier was in the shop, it was my copier too! So I have gone with the cheap equipment which works just fine and when they finally break down, I'll replace with cheap again instead of repairing.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
For a one person office the multifunction machines are great I think. I got the cheapest one I could find about 3 years ago, a Brother MFC970. Still works fine, although I don't make many copies. It also scans, prints slowly, faxes, and includes a message center to answer the phone.

Mainly I let it get the phone, scan occasionally, and fax. Printing goes to an HP ink jet. Much quicker and better resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks