• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Copy to Cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
I have copied my appraisal files to a cd and I am now trying to copy them to new computer with Windows XP. The new computer keps telling me that it can not be copied since the CD is "read only." Is there something that I can do to change this or recopy the files to another Cd.

Pat Butler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I had the opposite problem with XP! XP comes with a "lite" version of Roxio's Easy CD Creator. Most CD copying programs allow you to keep the CD open so that you can continue to copy to it (multi-session.) XP's version apparently doesn't have that option- it just closes the CD from futher writing. I looked all over for that option and could never find it in the XP version. I like to ultimately close the CD from further copying because it increases its compatability among different CD drives. Anyway, I finally upgraded to the full version of Easy CD Creator and it has that ability.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I just copy/paste files over. Never had a problem copying them. But I do un-click the "read only" settings on the file. Otherwise, I can open the file, but can not do anything else with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks