• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Countrywide/Landsafe hit with skimming charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegan702

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Nevada
How great would it be if they could get Landsafe shut down over this?

wickedness1

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I think any fee panel appraiser should contact this lawfirm with your information. It is possible that appraisers could also be involved in this class action suit possibly because of the monopoly that Countrywide / Landsafe has on the appraisal process. Work for low fees or don't work at all.

dougnail

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Oh yea.... Spread the word brother, spread the word.

Let every Countrywide borrower hit these guys think of this: $150 x number of appraisals through LandSafe X 10 years = OH Sh*t!

Let the AMC's rise up as the choice..... and we will knock them down with existing laws. They have no idea how their business model violates existing law.
I've been trying to get FTC to jump on this for the past 2 years. All I get from them is a....we're busy response.

So, all you have to do is figure out how to make money off chasing the bad guys.

This is why EVERYBODY need my class on How to Identify and Prevent Real Estate and Mortgage Fraud. We go over this exact issue

Stand them up and I'll show you how to slice them off at the knee cap

Posted with permission from Richard Hagar

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Keep on going atorneys!

The law firm might want to keep on going.....go after Chae, Wells Fargo, Wachovia, bank of America.....might as well do it up right! The facts in this case could fit any of them! Go! :angry::clapping::angry::clapping:

Cob

Professional Status
State
Texas
What will happen to the whole HVCC if the borrowers win this case????:unsure:

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
As CW mentioned above, just about every AMC out there is guilty of exactly the same behavior. I have long thought it was a a violation of RICO, and anti-trust laws also. We should all do whatever we can to assist this law firm, provide information, correspondence from the AMC's, even just stories gleaned from phone conversations. If every appraiser that has been victimized by this system would just contact them, we may just prevail in the end. Stranger things have happened.

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
What will happen to the whole HVCC if the borrowers win this case????:unsure:

It's anybody's guess at this point, I would still expect the HVCC to go into effect long before this or any other RICO action could be settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks