• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Countrywide VP / Fired. Admits to inflated appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I wonder if the idea that other lenders did the same will occur to anyone?

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I believe this would be "Landsafe" the AMC with such high standards, that they now require 2 listings and a pending sale on every appraisal. Nonetheless, they are the ones who do all the review work and I believe they are owned by Countrywide.

Read below

Appraisal Scoop

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
:new_2gunsfiring_v1: Bye Bye Skippy.......... :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
Is anyone surprised? Any builder who builds more than 5 units a year has a lender, title company and appraiser in his pocket.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
from that articles' write in responses:

Berns wrote:
I am an attorney currently in litigation with Countrywide for their Option ARM loan products. I would love to have someone who worked inside Countrywide as an expert. If you worked for Countrywide and can shed light on the knowledge they had about borrowers not understanding the negative amortization aspect of the Option ARM loans I would be interested in speaking with you.
[email protected]
1/29/2008 4:13 PM CST
Recommend (5)

GCJim

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
OH my GOD! WHAT a SHOCKING, STUNNING, UNBELIEVABLE development! What is the lending industry coming to???? :blush: Sheeeeeeesh!

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
:new_2gunsfiring_v1: Bye Bye Skippy.......... :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

"As much as six-percent" (per article)- Less than 6% pushed values are going to be difficult to substantiate.

Last edited:

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
KB Homes is one of the sleaziest companies in existence. I got on the list to do KB/Countrywide appraisals and lasted less than two weeks. I got into it with a KB salesperson over a patio. I refused to call a 3 x 4 piece of concrete a patio. I referred to it as a stoop. The salesperson went nuts because that was an upgrade. When I refused, I got blacklisted from any future KB deals.

Fine with me. I felt like I needed a bath after every one anyway. I hate the quality of KB homes. Back in my hometown in California, they built an entire subdivision with termite infested joists. They were built offsite and trucked in. After a couple of years the roofs started collapsing. There was one floor plan where the upstairs toilet leaked on every one.

KB, where you can get 4 bedrooms a LR and FR in 1700 SF. Of course the bedrooms look like closets. I love that 3/4 scale furniture they use in the models.

Tudor

Professional Status
State
Arizona
"As much as six-percent" (per article)- Less than 6% pushed values are going to be difficult to substantiate.

Hmm... 6% that about covers closing costs and maybe some of the realtors fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks