• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Covid-19 Neighbor Says He Regrets Ever Telling Friends/Family He Tested Positive

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I had a conversation with a neighbor yesterday- he had tested positive about two months ago. he was not sick and did not show or exhibited any symptoms. When he tested he contacted his close friends and family and workmates , to let them know he was OK but he had been around some of them. He is single and lives by himself with his dogs and he self quarantined, for over 15 days just to be sure. He has tested negative twice since he tested positive two months ago. Anyway he said that nobody wants to get within 5 miles of him, family has asked him to not come to outside barbecue where people stay 8 feet or more away from each other, his friends, will talk on the phone but do not want any other contact and he took a leave of absence from his job because, his boss is paranoid. Anyway he was very depressed and said he feels like what a leper must have felt like, and has is now living in a self isolated island. He only had one word of advice too me and that was Glenn if you ever test positive , isolate but never-ever tell anyone, it will ruin your life. This is a guy who is a masker, gloves and is germaphobic but he still caught it. He said it's amazing how many of his friends and family went into a big self righteous, thing about why he had not been careful enough and did not follow the science. I was like gee Dude you are like so crazy I would see you sitting in your garage with a face mask on and even in your car. He said yeah, now I have been exiled into Covid-19 hell and there seems to be no way to redeem my soul. He also said what is so upsetting is when he tested positive he immediately -the same day contacted everyone he could so they could get tested. So far nobody else has tested positive and its been over two months BUT STILL nobody wants him around. My response was screw them all, I learned a long time ago you can choose your friends but not your family or your co-workers. So just -X them all off your list one by one and if you end up with 2 or 3 left you are doing well. As for me I decided that if I test positive I am not going to tell anyone.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
When did you test positive? :)
I have never had a test The yenta has had 3 because She gets a medical procedure done every 60 days. Uncle Billy doesn't leave the house, and he doesn't trust doctors, vaccines, or science and he drinks NyQuil Cold & Flu . He says if he gets C-19 to just let me die in my lazy boy chair. On second thought there are three or four pesky relatives I don't want to see around the holidays, so maybe I should call them up and tell them I am positive and a super spreader and its going to be a long and peaceful holiday not seeing their faces :)

Last edited:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Dumb is dumb...I know some people terrified of Covid. A neighbor died of it in a rest home and 2 of his kids wouldn't go to his closed casket grave side funeral...like it might soak thru the casket I guess. My grand-niece tested positive and did have a fever for a day or two, is fine since. But her grandfather and his wife probably won't see her this year. His wife, a retired schoolteacher believes everything she sees on CNN and is terrified of people not wearing masks, etc. Stupid is as stupid does.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The City of Burbank CA - Where a lot of the studios are is forming a mask patrol, starting in a few weeks and it will have private contractors not police doing the patrols, a first offense is $100.00 a 3rd is $500.00 bucks, one guy they are interviewing tells the reporter who will the patrol ID you to write a ticket. The reporter says I don't know I guess they will ask for drivers license, the guy on the street , says and what about people walking or riding bikes ? The reporter says I don't know we are going to have to get more details from the City. Finally the guy says gee the City is going to have to hire more police because that's going to be an extremely dangerous job, they better give them guns because nobody is going to give them ID. P.S Thats Adam Schiffs District :)

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks