• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

CRM Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luzette Eaves

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
On another topic, there was a discussion about the new Chase Bank requirements, one being a CRM Certification for certain assignments. My question was, which was not answered on this topic string,:

• What is a CRM Certification?
• Is it a Chase only thing?
• How does one obtain and/or earn this Certification?

If anyone knows the answers, I thank you in advance!

Luzette Eaves

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Ok, no one is answering, only one person even viewed. That tells me that whatever a CRM is, it is a joke.
So, I have this ex-trainee, who is recently certified, (1 year) that I am trying to get to go for her SRA. It is my gut feeling that in the future, anything you have that stands above, will be a plus. So what are your thoughts? Am I wrongly trying to push this ex-trainee, (now certified residential) into a SRA? Will it mean anything in 1/1/2009? What can a person do, education, etc. to be able to stand out to the new selectors of appraisers?

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Ok, no one is answering, only one person even viewed. That tells me that whatever a CRM is, it is a joke.
So, I have this ex-trainee, who is recently certified, (1 year) that I am trying to get to go for her SRA. It is my gut feeling that in the future, anything you have that stands above, will be a plus. So what are your thoughts? Am I wrongly trying to push this ex-trainee, (now certified residential) into a SRA? Will it mean anything in 1/1/2009? What can a person do, education, etc. to be able to stand out to the new selectors of appraisers?
It's not that CRM is a joke, but rather that is has different meanings in different contexts. The acronym is a good example of why the Appraisal Institute designations MAI® and SRA® do not stand for any particular words. I know of at least three different CRM certifications that run from software sales to accounting, but I don't know of one that applies to appraising.

Michigander

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Never heard of a CRM Luzette. IFA, ASA, SRA are all recognized residential designations and none hurt to have behind your name. SRA still holds most weight in this category, but the AI has been doing its darndest to rectify that long held lead...

Who knows what 2009 will hold, but in my opinion, any education you take that is meaningful is worthwhile. If we don't learn, we stagnate, and if we stagnate we whither and die (metaphorically speaking of course).

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Certified Risk Manager (CRM) designation from the Society of Certified Risk Managers

also .....

Certified Records Manager

mwbode

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Certified Risk Manager (CRM) designation from the Society of Certified Risk Managers

also .....

Certified Records Manager

Yes it is. I saw that Chase requirement also on Friday. I believe it's a requirement for loans above $750k

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Crm

in this case mean Chase Risk Management. You must be on Chase's approved list(yes they still have them) for loans above a certain threshold. That is what they mean when they say CRM Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks