• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

CRMLS INFOSPARKS "My Areas" Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Unsure whether it's a new feature . . . but the "MY AREAS" CRMLS Infosparks function is based upon an interactive map that allows the user to define the specific neighborhood he or she is searching, with the long-term market data, for up to five years, displayed with easy-to-read monthly markers, describing several metrics. This allows the market analysis narrative to include County, City, Zip Code, and the appraiser-defined neighborhood. IMHO it's a great and not too time-consuming way to create a meaningful perspective of the local market in context with larger areas.

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I inquired about trying out infosparks and they never got back to me.

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
what these chart/graph services need is data going back all the way to like 2000 or 2005 at least. Nobody seems to have that.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
what these chart/graph services need is data going back all the way to like 2000 or 2005 at least. Nobody seems to have that.
-------

Retrospective market data requires the user to dump personalized market data into Excel where it can be manipulated by sorting various ways. Because it is so time-consuming (specially if one never knows whether intended users are interested) the CRMLS functionality is greatly appreciated....

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
In Matrix, I use the stats tool which has a lot of granular data if used right. I also use InfoSparks which can go back 11 or 12 years.

These are not just "click buttons and out pops a market analysis" tools. It has to be done thoughtfully. Med and average sales, volume of sales, inventory (based on closed sales and based on pended sales), DOM trend, etc., etc.

I make little screen shots and transfer those to a Word template.

crmls stats.JPG

info sparks 11 or 12 years.JPG

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
In Matrix, I use the stats tool which has a lot of granular data if used right. I also use InfoSparks which can go back 11 or 12 years.

These are not just "click buttons and out pops a market analysis" tools. It has to be done thoughtfully. Med and average sales, volume of sales, inventory (based on closed sales and based on pended sales), DOM trend, etc., etc.

I make little screen shots and transfer those to a Word template.

View attachment 42459

View attachment 42460
--------
Reason I don't do that is because ACI doesn't support copy/pasting into the addendum, and I'm not sure that intended users would take the time to go back and forth between the narrative and various addendum pages, so I translate the data into tabular formats I create in the market analysis addendum, although it's sure time-consuming.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
You can't import a pdf or jpg into an exhibit page in ACI? What kind of rinky-dink software is that?

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
I can import an image into an addendum page but not into the Market Conditions addendum so the narrative flows for the reader to avoid having to scroll back-&-forth from the narrative to the addendum.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I can import an image into an addendum page but not into the Market Conditions addendum so the narrative flows for the reader to avoid having to scroll back-&-forth from the narrative to the addendum.
There's a "live" Fannie MC for you to fill out using comps in the neighborhood. When there are not enough sales for meaningful statistical analysis, I run an MC report from MLS with whatever data I think most appropriate. I print to pdf and import the pdf into the report. So I have "two" MC forms in the same report. I refer to it as a "Supplemental Market Analysis."

Mejappz

Professional Status
State
Florida
--------
Reason I don't do that is because ACI doesn't support copy/pasting into the addendum, and I'm not sure that intended users would take the time to go back and forth between the narrative and various addendum pages, so I translate the data into tabular formats I create in the market analysis addendum, although it's sure time-consuming.
I know what you mean. It’s a pain having to flip back and forth between the narrative and graphs etc. I have used Spark (which I think is in ACI). And it does put the narrative next to your graphs or table, so it does save time. I’m interested in CANative’s method. Maybe putting it all into a Word document and creating a PDF and inserting it into the report is the best way to go. Might try it next time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks