• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Custom/checklist Graph Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
Hello

as one who's not really happy about the graph paper I'm buying in the store (no distinction between the 10 line and the 5 one), I made my own.
For me it's helpful to add some checklists. In the upper right there are the outside pictures checkboxes (street pics, then around the house).
There are two versions, 13x10 and 9x7.
Once I'm buying a 17x11 clipboard, I'll add the larger format.
In case anyone finds this useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdb4c071dbdqbme/Graph Paper 9 By 7.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsrjoef23b63d3b/Graph Paper 13 By 10.png?dl=0

Christian

nauthead

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I made something similar a few years back from an online program that lets you design your own.

Attachments

• Graph paper.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 74

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
I made something similar a few years back from an online program that lets you design your own.
Very nice. The lines can be seen very clearly. Do you print it in color?

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
High tech -

I was having a problem with the available legal sized clipboards disintegrating when they got wet, so I removed the clip from one, cut out a clipboard on my band saw, gave it a couple of coats of varnish and attached the clip to it. Works great - I haven't had to replace it, and it looks more professional than the fiberboard type. Now I'll have to graduate to Tevas rather than flip flops.

Last edited:

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
High tech -

I was having a problem with the available legal sized clipboard disintegrating when they got wet, so I removed the clip from one, cut out a clipboard on my band saw, gave it a couple of coats of varnish and attached the clip to it. Works great - I haven't had to replace it, and it looks more professional than the fiberboard type. Now I'll have to graduate to Tevas rather than flip flops.
:)
Good point about the clipboard. Maybe I can do the same (looking for a bigger board, so that I can have a larger sketch)

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I used marine plywood - it's got two "A" sides, made with marine glue, and looks better than your A/C stuff from Home Despot.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California

That one prints up nice in black and white. The lines come out lighter than mine, which I scanned from a pre printed page years ago, and attach here.
But I think I'll switch to yours. :beer:

Attachments

• blank sketch page.pdf
    297.6 KB · Views: 38

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I have a rigid plastic grid template you slide under a plain sheet

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
i ditched my clipboard many years ago and just write the inspection notes/sketch on the outside of the manilla file folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks