• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Daily emails from directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen George

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I have been getting emails from many new directories almost daily. Are these just new directories looking for money or is it something to do with the future of ordering appraisals? Interested in your feedback. Thanks, Steve.:shrug:

jtinmichigan

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Most of it is spam. So many are trying to jump on the HVCC (iffy at best) bandwagon and tell you that if you don't sign up that you won't get any business after jan. 1. Oh, and make sure all YOUR clients sign up too, AND our fee is 100 beaver skins. And "we're just looking out for your business" "you do want to stay in business don't you?" oh, yeah, it will only be $300 a year to be registered on our site. and........blah blah blah

jtinmichigan

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Of course they all start out with, "we have an order in your area", which is a crock.
I tell them that when they send me 2 appraisals, and when they have been completed and paid for that I will be happy to sign up on the third order......click.......hello?........hello?

Offshore

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
First of all spam is illegal. It should also be illegal for them to use "FHA" or "HVCC" in their messages. One of the spammers was in here a few weeks ago defending his "business opportunity" he was offering everyone.

tjcou812

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I received an e-mail from a listing directory that I have been listed with the past year or so for free and now as of Jan.1 2009 you will have to pay $49.95 to be listed. I've read posts in different threads that the HVCC is dead in the water and not going to be implemented. Maybe these directories know something we don't and are going to start charging appraiser to be listed?? I never received an inquirory or appraisal request from them so as of the first of the year I guess I will not be listed with them.

Craig Farr

Professional Status
State
Arizona
The only two organizations hiring new employees are the State Unemployment Office and the websites which sell gullible appraisers the grand opportunity to be on a list which will drive 'countless' appraisal orders their way!

Stephen George

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
That was my gut feeling and appreciate everyone's input. This why the forum is great. Thanks, Steve.:)

appraiz

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Missouri
management companies/hvcc

i have found dozens of management companies via google in the past week. The minimal amount of info required to become registered is interesting.
For whatever reason, I believe the HVCC will implemented in March. What about the proposal to update the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines.
Appraiser independence has to be the main thrust of any changes. Any chance that they proceed with management companies being a major player, albeit, a USPAP compliant player.

It would seem that appraisers would grab the flag and lead the charge by creating smaller, local appraiser owned/run management companies.

The appraiser guidelines would be respected and fees protected.
Finally resulting in the death of the appraisal pimp.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I get them every day, too. The worst (imho) is www.50stateappraisers.com

Go away!

That one is the worst....there are a few others. I get them every day. I have looked up my area and sometimes there is an idiot (located far away) who have paid the sucker fee of $50-$300 to be listed or on the others there is no one signed up.

What is funny is that they send you an e-mail multiple times....I would guess it is some hack from his basement trying to drum up some money from the desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks