• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Datamaster Opinions Of Service Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noreen

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Hampshire
I got a call today that DataMaster is coming /covering this area now. I have a demonstration set up for Friday but if anyone has any input about the quality/accuracy of the service, please advise.. Thank you, much appreciated.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
I've tried it...but didn't find it much faster. It can't tell you the market trends...although some will use the sales data as if they were all adjusted...but they don't seem to realize that they're not.

Last edited:

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I dropped it about 4 years ago when switched to Total.
Total has an import comps from MLS function, built in. No extra monthly fee.
Maybe it is better now, I would hope so. Sorry, not much help. :shrug:

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
i tired it and it was useless for me. it took me longer to go back and verify everything it put into the report (and change the errors as needed) vs just doing the typing myself.

Noreen

Professional Status
State
New Hampshire
Thank you, this is perfect, I just wanted to get the truth. It made me nervous when she said it downloaded MLS, I told her 40% of our MLS is accurate and 60% is not. You know how it is, you know the brokers you could bet your last $20 on and some of the brokers that are lucky to find their way home!! I verify my "stuff" and I just feel like I would have to back track every report.

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
i would add that if you were going to get it you should wait and let some other local folks try it first so they can get all the bugs worked out and evaluate whether it really works in your location.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Can't hurt to see how the demo goes. :shrug:

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
wow cant believe im the only one here who would DIE if dm went away. i pay the $89 fee per month so it works out to $1.50 to $3.00 a report. it puts in most of your comp data and the full 1004mc is filled out as well. you just check the boxes that need be checked. also fills a lot of the subject section of page 1. i love love love it.

Mark Sargent

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I like Datamster as well. I do have to either print out comps or pull them up in MLS after I download and quickly review for accuracy but it beats typing each one in and it also quickly fills in 1004mc so its a win win in my book

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I tried it a while ago and did not like it but I can see how it might work for some people. I found setting it up full of bugs syncing it to MLS ( but I am not great at that stuff )....but my main issue with it is that since it imports from MLS, and so much in MLS is incorrect, I had to check it and make changes anyway, that and typing in MLS number to get it to download hardly saved any time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks