• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dead Slow In Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobears81

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I'm a little slower than I've been on average, but still have quite a bit going on. Jacobs is right, interest rates are why things are drying up. I probably average 50%/50% on bank and non-bank work, but my current workload is 80% non-bank work. The commercial appraisers in the area that have a higher percentage of bank work are clearly dry because I've had a pretty weak success rate on bids for bank work lately.

I've said it on here before, but my USPAP instructor said once that demand for appraisals goes down when the economy is strong, and vice versa. We've had expansion for so long (and low rates for so long) that maybe we are now seeing the cyclical downturn for demand.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
JGrant, I know you don’t do a ton of AMC work, but those who totally depend it on it better watch their invoices close. Like start sending friendly email reminders at 15 days, 21 days, 30 days, etc. etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks