• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

December FREAB Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
FREAB meeting should be Tuesday, December 3rd. It might turn into a 2 day meeting to catch up on the disciplinary hearings that couldn't be done last time.

Frank, jump in here and let us know what is going to happen please.

Usually arrive Monday evening and stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown:

http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/holiday...ranchisee=MCOOA

Remember to ask for a discount.

Jim McGrath

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
FREAB meeting should be Tuesday, December 3rd. It might turn into a 2 day meeting to catch up on the disciplinary hearings that couldn't be done last time.

Pam, I notice that the new President of NAR, is a girl from Jacksonville. Maybe you know her and help us appraisers get more support from NAR.

Jim

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I have met her very briefly a couple of times. I doubt I can do anything through her though. This year, I've backed way up when it comes to being involved with the local Realtors Association. I'm on the nominating committee and managed to get an appraiser on the MLS (FINIS) Board plus I'm on the Greivance Committee. They absolutely will not hear anything that doesn't say that prices are rising and everything is peachy and they love the AVMs that can be manipulated.

We even have an agent on the greivance committee that is also a mortgage broker!!!!! She handles all ends of her own deals.

:oops: Sorry, I get carried away sometimes.

Jim McGrath

Professional Status
State
Florida
I have met her very briefly a couple of times. I doubt I can do anything through her though. This year, I've backed way up when it comes to being involved with the local Realtors Association. I'm on the nominating committee and managed to get an appraiser on the MLS (FINIS) Board plus I'm on the Greivance Committee. They absolutely will not hear anything that doesn't say that prices are rising and everything is peachy and they love the AVMs that can be manipulated.

We even have an agent on the greivance committee that is also a mortgage broker!!!!! She handles all ends of her own deals.

:oops: Sorry, I get carried away sometimes.

I get carried away every day, unfortunately somebody always carries me back.

Pam, I have a question for you. In a recent review I saw what looked like a real rip off. A property worth about $350,000 was appraised at over $600,000 for a sale. When I talked to the listing realtor she misrepresented considerable information on the property. After redoing the review with my correct value. I got no rebuttal from the SRA appraiser, why not? Also my question is if this is a flip or a fraud, the realtor is participating. Because she misrepresented info I feel the need to report her, what is your opinion?

Jim

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Is this a personal question? :D

I would turn in my review with a copy of the one being reviewed with a filled in complaint form to FREAB.

I would also put it all with a complaint to both her local Realtors Association and FREC.

What the hell..... nobody else does anything about any of them. As long as those of us that find these 'deals' do nothing, it just keeps getting worse. Just think of all the ones we don't get our hands on.

BTW, I've been enjoying many of your Watercooler posts.

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida

Pam and All,

Just wanted to remind you all the Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board now meets in Room 901 (North Tower) at 400 West Robinson Street, Orlando. This is the same building we've been in, but different room.

It appears to be a full agenda with quite a variety of cases. As always, it's bound to be interesting. Hope several of you are able to attend. I will be at the Holiday Inn this evening. Stop by Angel's, downstairs, for a beer.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Dennis Black and Red Blumenstock were there.

Where were the rest of you?!?!?!?!

Anyone here know an appraiser out of the Orlando area by the name of Timothy Jones? If so, please contact me at 904-215-1222 or my email at [email protected]

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
Sorry I couldn't make it, Pam. The FREAB always (so far) is on th same day that my Coastal Rivers Basin Board meets. Presently, we are one member short and they sometimes have problems having a quorum. Anyway, I so enjoy sitting there and voting where to spend everybody's tax dollars! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks