• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Declining Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestults

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Homeonwer purchased a custom home in a new subdivision a year ago for 460k. I appraised it for 440k yesterday. Underwriter wants me to address the "declining market", but we are not in a declining market up here. My hunch is someone appraised this thing high last year. What kind of addendum would you write? Would you say that you think it was appraised high on the last sale? Sure could use some verbage either way...decling market or dirt bag appraisal last year....which route should I take, and some verbage would be apprecaited....
thanks in advance!!!

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
If your market is not declining, why would you place verbiage in your addenda saying it is? Stick to your guns! As to the issue of the inflated value from before, you didn’t opine that value, so I would tell the UW that is not for you to address.

William K

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Homeonwer purchased a custom home in a new subdivision a year ago for 460k. I appraised it for 440k yesterday. Underwriter wants me to address the "declining market", but we are not in a declining market up here. My hunch is someone appraised this thing high last year. What kind of addendum would you write? Would you say that you think it was appraised high on the last sale? Sure could use some verbage either way...decling market or dirt bag appraisal last year....which route should I take, and some verbage would be apprecaited....
thanks in advance!!!

Mike ,
I take it you did report the prior sale in the last year?(YES)
Did you analyze it in your report and report your findings?

Did you:
"Report the results and analysis of the prior transfer history of the subject property":icon_question:

Remember you are to "report the results and analysis" not just state hey it sold!:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks