• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Designer Pacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne K Hansen

Sophomore Member
I'm a relatively new user to ACI (8.2, and desparately seeking 8.5) and have what I hope is a more generic question.

Occassionally I'm asked to provide additional information such as another comp or interior potos that weren't part of the appraisal. I haven't found a way to design a pac that has just a letter, a text page and a picture page without being forced to add a primary form. I usually add something like a 442 and then don't include it in the PDF version for the client.

...any suggestions on how to custom design pacs?

Thanks for sponsoring this much needed forum.

Suzanne

Dave Smith

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Suzanne:

If you already have an appraisal of the property in question just add the needed pages to that appraisal. That way its all in one file on your computer and keeping track of separate files isn't necessary.

You can go to the file tab, select add/remove forms and find the photo page you need along with a letter of transmittal (user defined) and a text - addendum page. Add them to the report and you have what you need.

By the way I got my latest beta version of V8.5 yesterday so I know the public V8.5 software will be out soon. Be patient, good software is hard to come by and is worth waiting for.

Dave Smith,
ACI forum moderator

Suzanne K Hansen

Sophomore Member
Thanks, Dave for your quick response.

I'm trying to separate the supplementary information from the original because it does not need a new signature from my supervisor as it does not change the report or the opinion of value. And since my supervisor lives in a different city it seems easier to separate them.

Can you think of a way to do that?

I'd like to have a generic title page that doesn't say appraisal, a transmittal letter that has more text area, and to add misc. pages without a primary form. Using the 442 as the primary seems to work...I just don't include it in the PDF.

Just thinking of something more streamlined.

Thanks again.

Suzanne

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Suzanne, ....I hope I have followed your post correctly, but this may not be so much of a challenge. The Add/Remove function for forms in your report is an easy step. I create the initial ACI "report" file, upon completion will sign it as last step, close-out, re-open, and convert to PDF as I create that specific "PDF" file within ACI32. If subsequent requests come in for 442 and another photo page(s), I simply re-open the ACI file, remove signature, add those new needed pages, fill out and re-sign report. When I send client their new form and photos, I simply create another PDF file of just those new pages to send. What's nice about creating the PDF is checking off just those boxes of only essential pages you care to send. It's certainly not all-or-nothing. You can leave additional subject photos or extra grid pages and comp pictures in your ACI report (work) file, while sending out the client's report version as the PDF. You can attach that very small (442 + photo page) file to your e-mail message which sets up that delivery. Sounds like you refer to your 442 as a "primary" report form. (There is only 1 primary form in a file, yes ?) Doing so means creating an entirely new ACI file #, which creates new confusion to your file registry perhaps. My e-mail message format, and notation of the attached PDF file, IS my transmittal letter. Best wishes.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
Suzanne,

How about cloning the original report with a new file number ( I would probably use the original file number and add an XC (extra comp) to the end.) By doing it this way you will have the seperate files that you are looking for and they will appear next to each other in track and windows exporer. Then you can remove the need for the supervisor signature, add and remove pages to the report pack and not have to retype the grid. I won't be to agressive in removing the original forms until you finished with you revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks