• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Desk Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin Rules

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I have performed many field reviews, but now want to begin performing desk reviews. Can someone tell me if Desk Reviews require photos (subject front, sides, rear and street), oh and comp photos too?

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
What BRCJR said

Generally, any desk reviews I've completed for clients, they do NOT require any actual inspection (street or otherwise) of the subject nor comps

BUT

other's have requested such inspections so check with your client before accepting any assignments

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I will add - generally the SOW I've run into is "if you agree, no inspection(s) necessary" and if you disagree, then drive everything, including any new comp(s) you add to the report

Caveat to that, again, is the SOW - recently (10/6/17) I just did a desk review for client and even though I disagreed with original report, and added new comps, client did not require me to inspect the subject nor comps from original report (nor the ones I added)

Hope that helps

Alvin Rules

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
If the SOW does not state photos required, then no photos will be taken (and of course I'll take photos if requested). Sounds reasonable...that helps. Thank you

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
It's best to have the photos, and virtually every in-house reviewer gets a full copy of the report, in full-color PDF format, or its equivalent - when was the last time you delivered an appraisal printed on 8.5"x14" paper? Photos are especially helpful when you have a sleazy appraiser who's trying to ignore visible problems with the property, such as commercial uses.

QUESTION: Why would the Client provide you with a partial report, when quite literally everything out there is an electronic copy with photos ???
........... "Something is rotten in Denmark" -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks