• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Did you say FAST or PROFESSIONAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Oh, how wonderful!

We were assigned an appraisal down in the beach area and after 5 days, we didn't have it done yet! :roll: So, the lender (not a regular client) called, cancelled the request and said he was going to give it to another appraiser who was faster :roll: Here is the e-mail I got from the processor a few minutes ago....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The underwriter is asking for a few things on this appraisal.
They would like for you to comment on the following:
-land value being 51.5% of the value and exeeds the 40% land value guideline.
-there is no age on pages 1 and 2 of the appraisal.
-page two states that there are 13 rooms, but the room count is 11....where are the other 2 rooms?
Please just let me know if you can correct these and email the updated appraisal or if you can fax me some kind of addendum. THANKS!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I e-mailed her back telling her that the appraisal was yanked from us and given to another "fast appraiser"....

Don't 'ya love it!!!

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Yep, Charlotte, you must have loved that one! Sorta like seeing the guy that just cut you off in traffic being pulled over for a ticket. Seldom happens but feels good when it does!

I just had a sorta, kinda compliment.....I think.

Head of the local mortgage branch which hasn't been sending us a whole lot lately called and asked if I could appraise her personal house. I explained how busy I was and that I couldn't touch it until after the first of the year. No problem, she says, I want it done right, not fast, so I'll wait.

Sigh. :roll:

B

Bemis Pownall

I e-mailed her back telling her that the appraisal was yanked from us and given to another "fast appraiser"....

good move

i would have done the same but waited 2-3 days.....

MARKETVALUE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
in the words of homer, he of springfield not of world lit 101,

'Do you want the job done fast? or do you want the job done right?'

MRM

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
You left out the third leg...."friendly". As in....

"of course I can do that for you in the next 2 hours and I will only charge 1/2 of my normal fee since I will only be doing two hours work!".

Soar Ohio

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
You should of sent something like this:

You are the only lender that I have ever herd of who asks for additional information or corrections. Therefor, I will have to take this appraisal to a "good lender" who knows how to get a loan done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks