• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Digging Pennies Out Of Old Cat Litter. Is It Worth It These Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big ole Boy

Elite Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
With QE to the moon and rates going lower .... ... if I'm digging pennies out of kitty litter - is it worth it? - ... This was an interesting question to consider during the experience. I like digging for treasure - but this was ridiculous.

One cat in anyone's life is enough - trust me on this.

I know the penny is no longer copper rich .... its got all kinds of other metal .... Is that metal worth digging out of Kitty Litter?

I want to say yes .... but .... Is it?

You tell me?

miktay

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Sorry. Are we still talking about appraising, or some sort of pet product here??

Big ole Boy

Elite Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Well, maybe.

I guess it all depends. Who is doing the "digging" and who is doing the "appraising".

I was taught to always pick up money if you see it lying around. No sense having it stay on the floor when you can raise it up and put jingle back in the flesh vessel hoding it.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I bought a $400 metal detector last year.

I found 45 zinc pennies, a buck worth of clad 5/10/25, two dozen wheaties, three indian head pennies, one barber dime and one 1825 coronet liberty head penny ((worth $2,800 in mint, now $5 out of the ground) all at the farm.

Found a couple of mid-1800 rifle shells (production date stamped), hand full of rifle rounds and two of 22 long/short casings.

So I'm in the hole about $382.....

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I bought a $400 metal detector last year.

I found 45 zinc pennies, a buck worth of clad 5/10/25, two dozen wheaties, three indian head pennies, one barber dime and one 1825 coronet liberty head penny ((worth $2,800 in mint, now $5 out of the ground) all at the farm.

Found a couple of mid-1800 rifle shells (production date stamped), hand full of rifle rounds and two of 22 long/short casings.

So I'm in the hole about $382.....
but look at all the fun you had!!!

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
but look at all the fun you had!!!

I see why senior citizens like it. You are away from the beeps and blips of computers, outside in the sun, getting dirty and finding treasures. It's great when you find something round and get that adrenaline rush until you figure out what the heck it is.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
So, one mans trash is another mans treasure. :peace:

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
75fd9914388135.560369b565d58.png

My buddy and I had business cards made up similar to this when we transitioned from our respective careers to trading. The back side said Professional Liquidity Providers. (Saves a lot of questions)

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
75fd9914388135.560369b565d58.png

My buddy and I had business cards made up similar to this when we transitioned from our respective careers to trading. The back side said Professional Liquidity Providers. (Saves a lot of questions)

What comedian was that from my youth?

Mommie look, a man with *******! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks