• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Well an old workhorse, my Kodak DC 210 gave up the ghost and I went out and replaced it with a Kodak CX4230. Don't like it. It actually takes a few seconds from depressing the button to actually taking the picture and also takes some time to recycle for the next picture.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive digital camera that can instantly take a photo and recycle fairly quickly?

Professional Status
State
Virginia
My Kodak DX3600 takes about 5 second to recycle and I am satisfied with it. Uses the same memory card as my old DC 215 which bit the dust several months ago.

B&H Photo in New York has the best price I have been able to find

B&H 800)947-7785 Open Sunday through early Friday when they close early for the Sabbath.

www.bhphotovideo.com if you are so inclined.

I have purchased several camers from B&H over the last 10 years or so. They will NDA a camera for a resonable cost.

Good luck.

Please join me in a prayer for all those brave people putting themselves in harms way for freedom's sake.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I bought two DC 210s recently on ebay for less than $100. My original DC 210 (paid $499 for it years ago) gave up the ghost with about 10,000 pics. Both of these newer DC 210+ work well with the exception that the first one has a dimmer LCD screen.

I also bought a new DC 215 on ebay for $115.00 including shipping and they tossed in a 16 meg card.

Ken Martin

Freshman Member
I also went thru a similar scenario. Had a DC240 that went bad. Bought a Kodak replacement (forget the number) but it was much the way you decribed, in that it took forever to store, and I also found that I was getting blurred photos with indoor photos (even with flash). Gave that camera to my son and bought a Olumpus D-560zoom (3X) is a 3.2mpixel camera that can be set a 640x480 which is the setting I use for all my photos. It came with a 16m xD picture card (which permits the use of the camera for a short movie) and/or a panoramic photo. This camera is advertised in the CompUSA flyer this week end for $299 which is what I paid at Circuit City last month.
Anyway, I have found it to be a super camera. Stores the images fast, controls that make sense, and small size that fits most pockets. I bought a 32m card which allows my to take over 650 photos at the low setting. I've found the inside photos to be clear, and I feel the colors are good. Anyway, I think it is a great camera.

aprazer

Professional Status
State
New York
My DC210 also recently died after about 11,000 photos. I was going to buy another one, but I wound up getting a Canon S200-it's also known as an Elph. It was about $275. Recycles very fast, has better picture quality. The photos are sharper, shows less glare than the 210. LCD screen is also sharper.

The best thing about it is it's size. It's about the size of a pack of smokes. It also takes the same cards as the 210. It's small size is excellent for discreet photo's. When it's in your hand it can hardly be seen-especially if your driving by at 30 mph.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
My DC215 seems to do the job - even better than my old DC210. I like it - it shoots fast and if you buy the correct rechargeable batteries from Kodak, it lasts quite a long time between charges. I've even snapped some pictures with the car rolling (the big guy with the fat nekkid belly at his mailbox is always my comp! :angry: ) It is also small enough to take around easily. I paid too much (about $200) about 1 1/2 years ago. But I'm too timid to try something like Ebay :redface:

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
My Kodak DC 3200 (now about $35 on ebay) works fine. It uses a flash card and works great.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
I like my Elph also and have been very pleased with it. However a problem developed. My son in law works at the store that I bought the camera from, he was cleaning out a storage area and found a box for an older model that had been returned to the factory but the shipper forgot to put in the battery charger and the battery. So that had been sitting at the bottom of a shelf for several years. Gave it to me, since the battery fit my camera, but it is slightly lower voltage. Since then no matter which battery I am using, the flash photos are darker. So have quit using the lower voltage battery altogether, but doesn't seem to help. Any ideas???

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Recently bought a DC4330 new on Ebay, love it. Takes great pics, decently quick snap shot, and a really great zoom. Has an internal memory, but I bought a memory card for $60 at WallyWorld to get as many shots as I want.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
There are more than 30 DC 210s and DC 215s presently on Ebay. I would bet you could get one for under $80 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks