• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Digital Pen........

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wilson

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Has anyone bought one of these yet? They are under $200 and it's about the coolest thing since cold beer. :beer:

I'm always looking for ways to cut down on the paper in the work file but scanning notes and sketches takes too long. I think this might be the answer.

The Digital Pen can hold up to 40 pages of hand writing. It writes like a regular pen but remembers everthing that you write on the special paper. (about $10 for an 80 sheet pad). You just set the pen in a USB cradle and all the files are saved as pre-identified jpegs.

Go surf and check this thing out, very neat stuff................

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Not heard or seen this. Do you have a link to it?

John Wilson

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Originally posted by Jeff Horton@Jul 8 2003, 03:40 PM
Not heard or seen this. Do you have a link to it?
Just type "Digital Pen" in any search engine and you will get plenty.

I was looking at the franklincovey.com site and found a day planner that was pretty cool.

You can hand write into the day planner like normal and when you get back to the pc you just drop the pen in the cradle and it will populate your schedule within Microsoft Outlook. Very cool.

John Wilson

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Just got my Digital Pen last night. $148.00

I know there's a lot of talk about using a tablet in the field for gathering data, but I think you will be hearing a lot more about this product in the future, once more of the "Form Filling" companies like Alamode get on board.

It comes with a basic note book full of paper that can be used for handwriting, sketching, post it notes, e-mail, and appointments.

I tried the e-mail and appointment function last night and it's awsome. I can hand write my appointments and e-mails, including e-mails addresses, and when I get home I just stick the pen in the cradle, and it will send all the e-mails I wrote with the address "to:" and "Subject" fields already populated. My Outlook is also populated with the appointments I set up.

I wrote earlier that the notebooks cost about $10.00 for 80 pages, their actually only about $4.00.

Too many options and possibilties to talk about. :eyecrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks