• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Do I Need A Supervisor For Most Appraisals?

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Show some gratitude to the old guy for letting you have a job. We all have felt your pain so do your time and enjoy the journey.

andrew81

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
licensing is not required in iowa. i work with an iowa bank that has an unlicensed in-house appraiser.
the in-house appraiser does everything in iowa under the de minimus.
an iowa CG does their over the de minimus appraisals and i do most of their illinois residential.

i have seen their in-house residential appraisals. they are non-uad 2005 FNMA 1004 with subject front rear street and 3 assessor comp photos, no other attachments, and signed without license information filled in

with that said. since the original poster is an associate appraiser (licensed trainee) iowa does require to follow licensing law and a supervisor must sign all reports

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
licensing is not required in iowa. i work with an iowa bank that has an unlicensed in-house appraiser.
the in-house appraiser does everything in iowa under the de minimus.
an iowa CG does their over the de minimus appraisals and i do most of their illinois residential.

i have seen their in-house residential appraisals. they are non-uad 2005 FNMA 1004 with subject front rear street and 3 assessor comp photos, no other attachments, and signed without license information filled in

with that said. since the original poster is an associate appraiser (licensed trainee) iowa does require to follow licensing law and a supervisor must sign all reports
Seems to me the trainee can go out and get his own private appraisal assignments and sign them (or not sign them) himself.

andrew81

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
licensing is voluntary, but if licensed then you must follow licensing law.

being that he is licensed as a trainee, he must have a supervisor

cstu11

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
licensing is voluntary, but if licensed then you must follow licensing law.

being that he is licensed as a trainee, he must have a supervisor
Have a question about that. I recently came across someone who has has a long-term CA trainee license and is signing his own reports (private assignments). Is this a violation?

cstu11

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
Most trainees make far less percentage than you and have to work a lot harder to make $1,700. $1,700 is eleven residential reports for a lot of trainees.
I got zero.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks