• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Do you Bank with Banks that use AMC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCJim

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Do you do your Banking with banks that use AMC's?
I am in the process of changing banks, opening business account, etc, etc. I'm finding it difficult to find one.........
Any suggestions for good, non-AMC-oriented banks out there? (ARE there any??) I'd be interested to get your different takes on this.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I'm switching the business account from RBC to a local bank. RBC used to send me plenty of work, now they go through Trans-onion or fiserv. Neither of them send me any work.

GCJim

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Small local ones?

ANY! It appears I will have to do my homework and survey them individually up here, unless you folks can recommend larger regional or nationwide banks that you have found to be more 'appraiser-friendly' than others, or even, which banks to avoid completely. I think I may have to go with a small local bank......we shall see. Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Dennis

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Alabama
I'm switching the business account from RBC to a local bank. RBC used to send me plenty of work, now they go through Trans-onion or fiserv. Neither of them send me any work.

RBC moved into the area and it looked like a great opprtunity. Contacted Fiserv and the rep said he would also throw all RBC work and another banks orders my way - and then he sent the fee schedule. I tried to get them to up the fees to a more reasonable level, but they wouldn't move one bit.

I'd love to know who is doing the RBC work for thier extremely low fees. I'm sure homeowners are paying two to three times more for the appriaisl than skippy is getting for doing it. You have to be a 'skippy' cutting corners or you are working yourself out of busniess by doing work for their fees & turn times.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I have always done my banking with small local (generally State) banks. Better service, they really get to know you etc. If they get bought out, I'll find another one.

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I use a small community bank with an office about 2 miles from my house. Checks are available next day after depositing them and you can actually talk to a person if you have any questions!

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
RBC moved into the area and it looked like a great opprtunity. Contacted Fiserv and the rep said he would also throw all RBC work and another banks orders my way - and then he sent the fee schedule. I tried to get them to up the fees to a more reasonable level, but they wouldn't move one bit.

I'd love to know who is doing the RBC work for thier extremely low fees. I'm sure homeowners are paying two to three times more for the appriaisl than skippy is getting for doing it. You have to be a 'skippy' cutting corners or you are working yourself out of busniess by doing work for their fees & turn times.

A banker with RBC called me the other day. He wanted to take me out to lunch and try to sell me some new services that they offer. I told him that I would shortly be closing my accounts with RBC and told him why. I sell services to banks. Banks that don't use my services can't expect me to use theirs. He said he couldn't do anything about that. I told him that I could.... :rof:

Fiserv was terrible. They wanted me to pay them to run a background check. The NCAB ran a background check on me. If that isn't good enough for them, too bad. With their fee schedule, it would have taken a lot of appraisals to make up for the background check cost.

They did send me a review once. They definitely get what they pay for. I seriously disagreed with the appraisal. I never got anything else from Fiserv. woohoo

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I "bank" with a credit union, not a bank. LOL

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
I only bank with banks who do business with us. No real estate biz, no money biz. As you can expect, none are big box banks who use AMCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks