• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dodd-Franks and/or Real Estate Agent Ethics Violation?

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I don't know that I would have let that go. I love it when the agent shows their hand before the appraisal. Include those comps in commentary that you considered them and show how inappropriate they were... goes to show why the contract price was higher than your supported MV. Obviously the buyer was not well informed.

The other assignments I passed on more than justified my departure. Know when to cut your losses. I'm an end game player.

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
................................................................but the appraiser's confidentiality is to the client.

Are we reading the same thread? Who is suggesting violating confidentiality in this scenario?

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Are we reading the same thread? Who is suggesting violating confidentiality in this scenario?
Joyce: NO one is suggesting..."violating" and was not my intent.
Purely, a gentle reminder that being responsible WOULD also mean being mindful to client confidentiality.
As in the Initial POST " would you respond ? ".

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Purely, a gentle reminder that being responsible WOULD also mean being mindful to client confidentiality.
As in the Initial POST " would you respond ? "

As in the Initial POST " would you respond ? ".

Of course the appraiser should never respond to anyone but their client, a state board or a subpoena. That said, the thread 'morphed' into other typical scenarios.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Of course the appraiser should never respond to anyone but their client, a state board or a subpoena. That said, the thread 'morphed' into other typical scenarios.
I talk to anyone I please and calming down upset borrowers and Realtors has probably saved me many headaches and no lawsuits in 35 years.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I don't have a problem with talking with brokers and borrowers so long as I'm not talking about my professional opinions and conclusions about the property with them.

Bkr; The property sure is rough, isn't it?
Me: Every property is beautiful to someone. Every property has value. I neither like nor dislike properties.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks