• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Does anyone use Homeputer Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Hayashi

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Hi,

I need help with my Homeputer Software. When I make PDFs using Adobe Acrobat my files come out huge. It also makes a file for each page which I don't like. How can I make the files smaller and can I combine them into one PDF file?

Thanks,
Liz Hayashi (Aaron's wife and paperwork slave)

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I would call Adobe for tech support, sounds like you don't have the distiller working.

David Mullen

See if Adobe Distiller is installed.

I have noticed that when I installed Adobe Acrobat 5.0, it did not install the Distiller by default. I had to check a box to get it to install.

You can find out by clicking "programs" and looking for Adobe Distiller.

I do not have HomePuter but you might also check to see if it is printing to the Distiller or to the PDF Writer. The Distiller will make much smaller files and you can control security with it.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Gee. Homputer is bascially a DOS program ran inside a Windows Window. I have Homputer but haven't used it in a while, but seems like it does allow you to print multiple pages, so each print job, when the printer menu pops up, should allow you to choose Distiller or Acrobat as the printer..which is what they are non-physical printers. Perhaps you could check to see that the "printer" is not set to print on Manual Feed (one page at time). That would be my best guess.

George W Dodd

Professional Status
State
Virginia
Try checking the compression ratio. It might be set to high which would allow your photo pages to print in a high resolution (hugh file size).

Bob Hood

Freshman Member
I have only been using Homputer for a few months but, I have talked to their user support (802-733-3018 Andy). They said that they have a new set of instruction on how to create those PDF files. I have not purchased a copy yet. I am going to hold off till I get some more jobs. The $200 price tag is too much for me now. I would really like to get a copy for about $100. Good Luck 8)

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
And I wish I was taller too. You need to make an investment in your career and software is part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks