• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Does anyone use Pocket Real Estate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Potrafke

Sophomore Member
I was checking out FNIS' website for www.pocketrealestate.com, and I was wondering if anyone uses this program. If anyone does, could you tell me how well it works, and what kind of comparable data it will store.
I was thinking about getting it to do comparable searches while on the road.
Also if anyone else knows of a similar program, that works for a laptop please let me know.

Sincerly,
Ed Potrafke

cgjerdetu

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Ed,

Just saw your post on this. MLS in my area is just switching to FNIS Paragon. I went through the training for the online version of Paragon earlier in the week. I haven't used pocket real estate, but in addition to that program, it looks like you can download data directly to a spreadsheet that you could put on a PDA or laptop.

Carolyn

Ed Potrafke

Sophomore Member
Carolyn,

I considered the spread sheet, but in my neck of the wood it just does not contain enough information to be useful. I would possibly work if I knew the age, size, etc., of the subject, because I could use those in my search.

My problem is that I live in a largely rural area, and often have no prior listings of the subject to use, nor do most areas have online tax data.

My hope is to find a solution that will allow me to pull comparables while I'm on the road, between appointments. I am quite frequently driving for 1/2 to 1 hour to, from, and between appointments, and I'd like to put my time to better use, and have a little free time.

Thanks for your reply,
Ed Potrafke

Ed Potrafke

Sophomore Member
Carolyn,

I Guesse I stuck my foot in my mouth. I have to admit that I've never played with the spread sheet feature much. I just got through playing with it, and you can change what is in it. Still not the funcionality I am looking for, but for now, it is better than nothing.

Thanks for the heads up,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks