• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does Real Time Video Count As Viewing Comps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrotta

Lil hep;

I thinks ya haves ta trade in the video phone, fer one of them thar survailence numbers; mount it on the roof of the car w/a 360 viewer remote capable; yer plasma Tube encorporates smello vision and sound panorama; and yer hooked up at the office wit an on going tape, so you can jus view stuff at night or daytime; and is available fer back up B)

actually ya need ta trade the car fer a van - to mount everything in and be able ta transmit :beer: think "infer red" is hot now :rolleyes: - actually I was speekin wit my tech friend the other day, has a hand held (infer red), we took a short walk around his area and we tapped into various computers to retrieve stuff on line - to cool :unsure: (names/dates/and scenerio has been changed ta protect the innocent ;) won't tell ya the actual event-but this replicates it)

vision invaders of the lost art of snowglobing :ph34r:

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
there is that scope thing again. If that is all that is required it is ok. Just have those CYA statments and disclosures ready.

I don't like using MLS pics with the For Sale sign in the yard. But sometimes it is a better representation at the time if sale. Many times the comp is being remodeled or gutted and hard to tell what has changed.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Our MLS rules forbid For Sale signs from appearing in MLS photos.

Just another example of why Realtor appraisers sitting on the MLS Board of Directors, can make a little difference.

Steve Owen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
In reality, I believe the reason for the viewing of the exterior of the comps was for the purpose of assuring that the comps were real and not fabricated. It has nothing to do with testing the air or noting any adverse conditions or such.

So, are you saying that if a comp is next to the sewer plant you are not going to make and adjustment? I think the rule is there for both reasons. However, there is nothing in the rule, as far as I can see, that specifies when you viewed the comp. If I used the comp before, last month, I don't feel any obligation to drive out there again. On the other hand, lazy appraisers who want to use MLS photos without ever seeing the comp themselves are missing some details and also cheapening the value of the appraisal.

The technology may someday exist to do what is suggested by this thread. I don't believe it does exist yet, and neither does Jordy's visor. Concerning the old coot's eyes actually being enhanced by the screen software or some such, I don't think that technology exists yet, either. Additionally, things look different on a computer screen. I have mentioned before that I think appraisers who don't print out their work are making a mistake; I find a lot of errors on the printed page that I didn't see on the computer screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks