• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does the law require the borrower get a copy of the ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Montana
appraisal report if it does not fund?

Does the lender have the option of giving the borrower a copy of the appraisal report if it does not fund (for whatever reason)?

George W Dodd

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
It is my understanding that if the borrower paid the appraisal fee to the mortgage/loan company then if they request a copy in writting then they are legally entitled to one.

I am not sure how it works if the lender pays for the appraisal or if their loan does not close due to credit issues, etc.

I would think they probably would get a copy if they requested one.

Red Blumenstock

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Since December of 1994, the lender has been required to provide a copy of a residential appraisal to a borrower if the borrower pays for it and requests it within a reasonable time. A notice to that effect is supposed to be given to the borrower at the time of the application.

I discovered that many lenders were providing only a copy of the URAR and not all the addenda, so I added a line to the reconciliation above my signature that "This report is invalid without all of the attached addenda numbering # pages."

I also added a new limiting condition that said, " This report has been prepared for my client (name) with whom Professional Standards require me to maintain a very strict confidentiality. If my client will provide written permission, I will consult with others for a prearranged consultation fee, to be paid at the time of the consultation."

Guees what? I never got a call. Anyone may use this statement if you think it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks