• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Down Loaded Click Forms 2.2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal380

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
I try to be up beat and positive in my posts, but I am not sure I like the click forms. I come from the Appraisers Tool Box and feel quite comfortable with it.

As a "for instance" they have preloaded some responses for the fill in's, like roof material. When I start to type Asphalt it completes it for me, but in lower case. I do all my work with cap lock on as I feel it is easier to read, does this mean that part of my report will be lower case and part upper case? Do I have to bend to the program, or should the program bend to me?

Another irratation (sp?) is that I can't print out the help pages. I am trying to figure out how to get my location map into the report, and need the help pages. So I tried to print it out so I could follow along with the NEW proceedure. What is the reason for this change? If they want to change things why not ADD something and leave the old way. Here they added something and took away a perfectly good way of accomplishing the same thing.

If they are forceing me to learn a new system I may as well look into alamode or ACI. It has been my familiarity with the Tool Box that kept me from considering other software. I did not want to suffer the learning curve, but that has changed hasn't it?

Regards and sorry for the rant.

Hal

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Hal,

I'm sure a 'right-click' on a cell will bring up the choices of automatic fill-ins, just as it did in toolbox .. and, though I've not yet done it, I'm sure there's a function for editing those responses, just as there was in toolbox. Clean out the ones you don't like. Also, will bet that, somewhere in the cell response choices menu there's an option for turning off 'auto-complete.'

Like you, I wasn't that enthused with some of the changes .. but practise and familiarity will overcome that. I predict you'll come to like the newer product ..

Willie

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Hal, I'm using both. If Clickforms had free form text and the ability to copy comps to clipboard, I would use it completely. It is faster and fun. Seems to be stable, like toolbox. I think they are adding the two functions I mentioned above.

David Mullen

Hal

You can edit those responses.

I had a similar reaction when I used the program the first time and it would disregard a capitalized first letter in the "type ahead" funceion unless you started the word with a capital.

My problem with it right now is Apex integration. This version is supposed to handle Apex and I cannot get it to work. Also cannot get rid of Winsketch.

I saw something on their site that their Apex Integrator is going to cost $99 to $149 extra. This is so that we can use a real sketch program that should be built in and not an add on. I wonder if there is any other software company that promotes Winsketch. It would be hard to imagine anyone making that their default sketcher.

My reaction to that was that if you bought the program, paid $149 extra for Apex integration, paid for training CD's or classes, paid for support which apparently will be badly needed, you might be better off going shopping for another program. Especially since this appears to still be a beta version regardless what they want to call it.

Russ

Sophomore Member
My first run with the new Clickforms was yesterday after I downloaded 2.28. I did a monster 4,800 sf house with 3 additional subject photo addendums, very detailed sketch, and 6 comps all in high resolution (1.2 mega pixel) photos and 2 exhibition pages with scanned (high resolution) builder brochures. (new construction)

Worked great! No hitches at all except for saving the maps in high resolution which it did not import. I think it is a great software, all the things you guys are complaing about are so easy to figure out, you are not taking any time to learn the software. (small learning curve here folks, very small)

You have the option to type in all caps if you want, however I cannot imagine anybody typing in all caps! You line up 100 professionals and ask them if typing in all caps is acceptable and 98 of them will say it is an annoyance. Internet lingo regards it as "shouting" and it is very hard to read. Nuff said about that.

So far, Clickforms looks great. I can see it saving me time and effort just as soon as I get it all set up with my template system and my preferred standard comments. I am making the switch and I love the new software. Very easy, and very easy to figure out! They have extensive help menus if you need them.

p.s. I intentionally made my last new construction appraisal a monster and loaded it up big time to test the new software. Photos, Apex, scanning, maps, everything worked like a charm............I know if I would have loaded a similar report on Toolbox there would have been some memory issues.

Good luck...........everybody is different, all I know is I got the ball and I am running with it!

Willie

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Russ, I like it too. It's kinda fun. However, I use many comps over and over, and look forward to them hopefully getting that clipboard over to Clickforms. And free form text also. When they get those two, good by Toolbox. Clickforms appears much faster.

Sean Braudrick

Sophomore Member
I have to agree with Russ on the all-caps issue. Not only was it strongly advised against in my appraisal report writing class, I've been around the Internet & e-mail for a long time... I'm one of those guys that will respond:

"PLEASE STOP SHOUTING AT ME!"

hal380

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Hello Sean and all;

I fully understand that on the internet and email etc all caps indicates shouting. The office standard where I was trained was that our reports were filled out usings all caps. This office turned out over 1200 residential reports per year plus narrative commercial reports. The narrative reports were written in standard lower case with caps for beginning of sentences, proper names etc. The point is the owner of the company felt that when doing the residential reports on forms, that the caps made it easier to read. I have never heard of a client thinking that we were hollaring at them. Be that as it may...... we can chalk it up to office style, however I was frusrated that clickforms seems to have a lower case default.

I have not had the time to play around with the down load, as I am still pretty busy. But will get to it eventually. In the mean time I am still using tool box.

Can anyone tell me how to print out the help topics?

To help you all understand my computer skills, its kinda like driving a car with automatic transmission. If I put the gear shift on D I go forward, and R makes me go backwards. I am a very good driver, but could never get inside a transmission to fix something, (all anologies limp so don't jump on me. :beer: ).

Regards to all

Hal

Pam Wyant

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
West Virginia
Hal,
I complete reports in all caps too, so don't feel like you are out there alone. (Although I use a different software provided - just happened to be browsing this forum since I am thinking of switching due to the advertising of Clickforms as working with the Tablet PC). Although the use of the caps is partially because that is how I was trained, I also feel it gives a uniform neat look to the report. I have never had a lender complain that my report looked unprofessional or was "annoying". In fact I have had several lenders comment on the good quality of my appraisals (although I do believe this was more on contents than on capitalization). A small advantage is that I never have to worry about missing a capital letter on a name.

wade3333

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Georgia
I have never had anyone complaing about me using caps.
I use the comp data base, started using tbx last week putting in comps and transferrin to CF. it was not hard and the learning curve is very easy, I had 2 questions and asked my friends on the yahoo BT forum and received an answer within 5 minutes. I will really enjoy it when they get the comp data base and free form. CF is a very good program.
I use 2.0 apex and had no problem in CF, do not know about the newer version. AS long as 2.0 works I will continue to use it. Have a good one Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks