• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Downpayment Assistance anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Kinnaird

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
I'm suffering from short, possibly long term, memory loss. Had read a thread, that I can't find, regarding the demise of seller assisted downpayments. Has this type of downpayment gone by the wayside? If so has the 'lack' of seller assitance created what may appear to be a slight decline in sale prices?

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I'm suffering from short, possibly long term, memory loss. Had read a thread, that I can't find, regarding the demise of seller assisted downpayments. Has this type of downpayment gone by the wayside? If so has the 'lack' of seller assitance created what may appear to be a slight decline in sale prices?
Seller Assist is alive and well - though sometimes it's called a "carpet allowance" or some other bull...
Did you say "slight decline in sale prices?"
The understatement is too funny for words - for our California Cousins

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Assistance

Many sellers do not have enough equity to offer assistance. Many do not even have enough to pay sales commissions.

Yes, that may conrtibute to a drop in values, as fewer can buy.

We have a company here in Sacramento that helps with down payments, it is a nonprofit, but certain government sponsored programs tried and failed to quash it.

TN

lizhorvath

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Isn't "Seller Assisted Down Payment" sort of an inherent oxymoron?
I mean, who do I make my assisting check out to? Myself?

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Many sellers do not have enough equity to offer assistance. Many do not even have enough to pay sales commissions.

Yes, that may conrtibute to a drop in values, as fewer can buy.

We have a company here in Sacramento that helps with down payments, it is a nonprofit, but certain government sponsored programs tried and failed to quash it.

TN
If you're talking about a non-profit like "American Dream" it's a scam.
Read only very slightly between the lines on how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks