• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Draft of ASB statement regarding 2 apprsl/1prop, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Thanks for linking that. Have not had much chance to look at it until today. Is USPAP not great or what! It has "Tail wagging the dog" , "Stuck between a rock and a hard place" and my all time favorite "jumping thru hoops". Other favorite areas of observation include "immense amounts of legalize"

Now take this and try and mix it with insane lender requirements looking to save a few bucks and we have mass confusion.

Did you know that there are lenders and AMC's out there still trying to use the 704. Unbelievable, totally inappropriate reporting format difficult to make USPAP compliant.

John, SRA, if you read this here in lies the problem. I can and do comply with USPAP. The problem is that lenders in particular keep changing their needs. The end result is that I am constantly(trying to keep there business) modifying my report formats to comply. The end result is that the readers ignore all the pages of USPAP, addendum and just look at the conclusion. Which is all they ever wanted anyway.

Also, too many dang lawyers have been involved with USPAP. Just look at the areas listed for discussion.

jtrotta

someone here once said, this is a living document and therefore, ever changing; thats nice, but didn't they just finish changing it - borders on insanity, and strengthens my love of our "american language" and it's understandings & meanings.

after all, aren't these just someones opinon that can't make up their own mind (s):?: ahhhh, similar to our "opinion of value" - and hence the endless discussion of how to arrive at that independent opinion, I swear to God it's majical :wink:

I loves this bnez :)

8)

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Because someone tried to ignore the rules.................. :x
and because someone tried to read too much into the rules............... :roll:
Different subject, but same frustration. I wonder how many pages are going to be added into the GAR sales contract forms package this year. I'll bet on 8-10. When I started, it was one page. I now have 221+ pages of "possible" stipulations/forms. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks