• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Drones?

spittman le berger

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Define trespassing as it relates to a drone. If taking a picture of a comp 50' from a public street is perfectly legal, would I be wrong in thinking that it is ok to take photos from 50' above the property? I've been wanting a drone for a while now. Occasionally I'll get a driveby request where I can't see the property and a drone would be a nifty little tool to add to my appraisal kit.

Scott.A

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Iowa
Don't trespass with a drone but I am sure you can go straight up from a road and see most hidden houses unless deep woods. Many years ago, Aerial Archeology was the thing as archeologists used small planes for early morning or late evening aerial views, the low shadows highlighted surface features like old roads or walls that were otherwise not visible. "Crop marks" as they call them, and in Britain they used them often to local things as old as pre Roman hill forts and burrows.
I assumed the comment was a joke.

The archaeology aspects sound quite interesting.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks