• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dual License (appraiser & Agent) In Nys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
HQ of AI allowed that to happen?

PA is a 100% appraisal state with appraisal license required.

Certification, not license. Sorry, just having fun. My guess is you're fairly young, most old **** PA appraisers like myself are also brokers. Back when REAL MEN were appraisers you had to be a broker to sign an appraisal report. Took a minimum of 3 years to sit for the exam. I keep mine so I can access MLS. I've only sold about 10 homes to friends. Makes life easy when you purchase your own home.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Certification, not license. Sorry, just having fun. My guess is you're fairly young, most old **** PA appraisers like myself are also brokers. Back when REAL MEN were appraisers you had to be a broker to sign an appraisal report. Took a minimum of 3 years to sit for the exam. I keep mine so I can access MLS. I've only sold about 10 homes to friends. Makes life easy when you purchase your own home.
Sorry TC,

I've never been a "Real Man", yet I'm still a CG and a salesperson, oh, and passed the Life Insurance test twice, but don't want another license with mandatory CE.

:beer:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Sorry TC,

I've never been a "Real Man", yet I'm still a CG and a salesperson, oh, and passed the Life Insurance test twice, but don't want another license with mandatory CE.

:beer:

Just for the helluva of it, I picked up the Certified Pennsylvania Evaluator cert as well. Enabled me to do Commercial Hearings for the Allegheny County Board of Assessments appeal process. Luckily, the CE piggy backs with the appraisal CE. But having all 3 does make me a Triple Crown winner. :cool:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Just for the helluva of it, I picked up the Certified Pennsylvania Evaluator cert as well. Enabled me to do Commercial Hearings for the Allegheny County Board of Assessments appeal process. Luckily, the CE piggy backs with the appraisal CE. But having all 3 does make me a Triple Crown winner. :cool:
Thought about that, but don't want to wind up on both sides of the same issue.

:D

I already have that dance with the sales license.

:dancefool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks