• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Duplex comparable ????

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
If there are very few duplex rentals , then the tenants cant' find them either, which makes apartments the substitute in the market. Appraisers just have to explain the market based forces supporting their decisions re comps /other

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
FHA don't like just 1 rental comp in grid if you are doing 2-4 family. this is from my personal experience with a 4 family that was new, and unique. as far as everybody else, the best comps are the best comps. lately here, many realtors are not putting the unit's rent in the MLS. lucky if they give you a yearly total. i would also look at mixed use building. sometimes the only difference is a commercial unit on the 1st level instead of a res rental. units have the same feel.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks