• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

E & O company, who do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt mortenson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I know that there are some earlier threads concerning this but none really addressed fully the question I want to ask.
I'm up for renewal on my e & o and want to know which companies people use and their experience/thoughts on them. I'm with FREA right now and find them to be pretty expensive compared to other companies out there, $895 plus a $90 charge for corporate coverage for a $1m policy. Like I said, seems a little high with other companies I've investigated. If I go with another company will I be getting the same service and quality in coverage I believe to be getting now?

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I went with Landy Insurance, very easy to set up. I paid 455 for 300/600K.

JFulmer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
I went with Landy as well. $565/yr for 1mil/2mil policy. Lets hope I never have to find out how good their "services" are. :new_smile-l:

I liked the fact that they offered online ordering and e-mailed the policy via .PDF when it was approved. I think it took 3 hours tops and I had my policy.

-J

appraisalaska

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Alaska
Landy didn't offer E&O in Alaska, so I signed up with Intercorp, the are $650 yr for 1 million in coverage and $5000 deductable. This was BY FAR the cheapest option I could find for Alaska. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks