• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

E&O Coverage for "Professional Assistance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The AR has a trainee who might not continue her E&O coverage (under the AR's policy) because of the decline in business volume.

Can the trainee participate in assignments and be described in the addendum as "providing significant professional assistance" without signing on the left side, and without E&O coverage?

By doing so she would continue to accumulate experience hours, and also receive a fee for her work; and the AR obviously would need to conduct the interior inspection and to monitor all phases of the trainee work.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
I think I'd make that inquiry of the AR's insuror - who may cover the trainee under the AR's policy:icon_idea: until they fly solo!

I would think the trainees personal liability would depend on the level of 'professional assistance' rendered anyway. :unsure: She might want to check wiht her personal agent - it is entireyly likely that an umbrella policy might cover her for about $2-300 per year which serves additional personal liability purposes rather than just E&O.. but make sure the agent fully understands the concerns...

The majority of the legal and public (state board) liability probably lies with the AR regardless.

And any body can get sued for anything anytime anywhere. m2: sad system we have these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks