• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

E & O dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

loug56

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I currently have LSI as my E & O provider. Their costs are higher than then many of the competitors. I have no prior or on-going incidents. Been Certified about 5 years. I am thinking of using OREP (GeneralStar) as my new provider. Any comments or experience with OREP (GeneralStar)? Thanks

jakeboeger

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I have had them for 3 or 4 years with no problems. They are the least expensive I could find. I have $500,000/$1,000,000 for $690 per year in CA.

SnoValues

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Minnesota
I just heard about Landy.com from a prior post. They mention General Star on their web site. You may want to check them out and they quote their rates on their site and have an easy application that can be done online.

RICHARD D. FRANK

Professional Status
State
Florida
I currently have LSI as my E & O provider. Their costs are higher than then many of the competitors. I have no prior or on-going incidents. Been Certified about 5 years. I am thinking of using OREP (GeneralStar) as my new provider. Any comments or experience with OREP (GeneralStar)? Thanks

yes, I was pleased to find them. I carry 1,000,000/2,000,000 with OREP for a fraction of what I paid LSI for much less coverage. Hey, things are tough all over. Get the bigger coverage for the lenders who require it and still be money ahead.

SnoValues

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
It looks like they have a $50 annual membership fee at OREP. I did not see the $50 fee at Landy.com.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Been with General Star for a number of years. No problems, How ever they have discovered my other business interest and have cancled my E & O Insurance. If you have any other business interest and are marketing it with you appraisal business they will not cover you. I have just replace them with a company out of Utah, that will cover Auctioneer E & O, Appraisal E & O, Gen Lib coverage for about 20% less then I was paying each company to cover each end of the business.

Michael Filip

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Just renewed in NJ $1,000,000/$1,000,000 $591/year with intercorp

Ron D. in NWA

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Been with General Star for a number of years. No problems, How ever they have discovered my other business interest and have cancled my E & O Insurance. If you have any other business interest and are marketing it with you appraisal business they will not cover you. I have just replace them with a company out of Utah, that will cover Auctioneer E & O, Appraisal E & O, Gen Lib coverage for about 20% less then I was paying each company to cover each end of the business.

Ray what company is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks