• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

E&O Insurance -

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
We are looking for a new E&O Insurance Carrier with good rates. Can anyone offer any good companies with their phone numbers??? Thanks again!

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
You might check the archives of the forum on this issue... it has been discussed plenty of times. Basically, most of the appraisal magazines have ads from E & O companies and they can differ a bit in price. Liability Administrators seems to be a favorite one, but I found them real expensive when I started my own business four years ago...perhaps that is different now. I use Intercorp, 1438 W. Main St.,Ephrata, PA 17522-1345 and found them through an ad in a magazine. Perhaps they have a web site or something. I pay under $500 per year for $500,000. Some of the companies will perhaps discount for more than one policy but the problem here in our office is that ours expire at different times and no one wants to give up part of a year! Good luck!

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I use Liability Administrators, reasonable fee. However, I got a note that with the next renewal, I won't have mold coverage or coverage for acts of terror or absolute war. How that affects my appraisals (I get sued for not forcasting a terrorist attack?) I don't know.

Roger

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
My current company refused to renew my business policy after the 26th of Nov. So I went shoping for a new company. Found one that will write a 1 Mil E&O, General Lib, and inland marine for all my office equiptment and in feild equptment for the auction and appraisal business for a little over $1800.00 for the year. A lot less then I was paying in my former life for farrier, auction, appraisal insurance. :D

The E&O was $550.00 :)

I contacted HRH at 1800 365 4022 Commercial Insurance section.

David Brauner

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
This is David Brauner (I publish Working RE magazine). OREP is mine. I've been in the E&O business (for appraisers) for about 10 years.

OREP shops E&O for you and provides benefits. Particularly good in Calif. but available everywhere. It takes a few days to get the quote, so if you're not in a hurry, please give us a try.

PS: The new issue of Working RE is in the mail with a great (exclusive) interview with the Appraisal Foundation. (Though questions and straight answers.) Your comments are not only welcome but sought.

Thanks again,
David

Allison Iacopini

Freshman Member
To respond to this great debate about E&O insurance, call FREA (Foundation of Real Estate Appraisers) at 800-882-4410. They can give you a quote and send you an application that same day. Their E&O comes with a good benefits package and they have great friendly service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks