• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Easements/encorachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSH123

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Easements/encroachments?

Does anyone know how to properly check if a property has easements and/or encroachments?

I was logging on to the Assessor's page and after entering the APN, I would click on the MCR link, and that used to let me view easements, however it no longer will allow me to do so.

I spoke to the County Assessor's office and they informed me, I would be able to locate easements on the standard plat map, but that is not the case.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Usually, they are located on the plat, but often when land is "split" amongst family members, they do it without a plat, and in that case, any easements would be recorded on the deed itself, such as a right of way for a landlocked parcel to have an access easement....etc...

As far as encroachments go, that is where someone or something has exceeded its boundaries and is on "someone else's land" There usually is not a record of an encroachment--they are just there. It truly takes a survey to determine if something is encroaching on a parcel. I would check the deed, the plat, and if I didn't find anything, I would say so, but with the caveat that it truly is in the scope of a survey, and not an appraisal, that you would locate/identify encroachments and suggest the reader of the reoprt do just that.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks