• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Eight Signs Real Estate is Overheating in Wallyworld

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Not so much. We have more people moving in for both residential and commercial construction as well as Walmart expansion, and the new poultry production plant, etc.
Things may be overheating, but these sound like economic engines that are not going to pop up overnight, only to fade away come spring.
Walmart is a monster, and everyone likes chicken.
So, your countryfied ways may be losing ground. City be growing. Sorry. :shrug:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
So, your countryfied ways may be losing ground. City be growing. Sorry. :shrug:
You are right, and if 20 years younger I would sell out and move either to NE Oklahoma (Miami, Vinita) or Clinton/Searcy area of Arkansas. Back where growth is slow.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
You are right, and if 20 years younger I would sell out and move either to NE Oklahoma (Miami, Vinita) or Clinton/Searcy area of Arkansas. Back where growth is slow.
And if you are in the path of progress, you could cash in. Kaching!
Cashing in chips and moving is kind of my plan. although my hood is much different than yours.

J in Florida

Professional Status
State
Florida
And if you are in the path of progress, you could cash in. Kaching!
Cashing in chips and moving is kind of my plan. although my hood is much different than yours.
Agree, I lived it and worked in it when Orlando's growth exploded. The same thing could happen here in Gainesville if the locals wanted it, but they don't.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
After the weather, the mountains, the beaches, the deserts, which are all awesome, So Cal is also a great place to live because it is a super wide path of progress. :peace:

Stuff is happening, and there is money to be made. You think I'd let it go, you're mad! You got another thing coming. :leeann2:

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Wife is seeing resistance to prices and other agents are starting to reduce list prices. Something brewing.

gregb

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Wife is seeing resistance to prices and other agents are starting to reduce list prices. Something brewing.
Back to school pause, soon come refi surge due to low rates, school and vacation payments. :)

Econobot

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Money is cheap, people are leaving high tax states and cities with apps to report poop....califor...cough... change is good and people moving creates economic growth in and of itself. Hold on to your butts as the deep state tries to take out the Trumpster...they pursued tighter monetary policy last fall to slow things down, purely political... let's see what they do...

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Yep, 2016 was the year where our builders charged as much or more than they did in 2006. They are pushing prices to new highs and people are paying it. But the really big houses built in 2006 today are not selling all that well. It is more 2400 SF or less. And small houses priced right are selling like mad.
Yep, 2016 was the year where our builders charged as much or more than they did in 2006. They are pushing prices to new highs and people are paying it. But the really big houses built in 2006 today are not selling all that well. It is more 2400 SF or less. And small houses priced right are selling like mad.
And I’m seeing these small new houses with very high price tags being financed by FHA with very little down

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks