• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Email I Just Received. Is Anybody Crazy Enough To Do This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
My name is Andrew and I currently provide subject and comp photos for a few appraisers and am looking to expand.

If you're looking to save time in completing your appraisals then I believe I can help you

My rates are as follows:

Subject Front, Left, Right & both Streets + up to 5 comps - $45
Subject Front, Left, Right & both Streets + up to 8 comps - $55

*if subject photos aren't needed then please subtract $5 - For commercial work please call to discuss.

My coverage areas include: Western Suffolk, Nassau, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx (Bronx jobs are subject to $11 toll)

Please see this snapshot to get an idea of what to expect, it's a set I just completed the other day. High quality photos would be emailed directly to you. Please email or call me if interested. I hope to work with you in the future!

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I can't believe he has clients. We have to visually inspect comps and all that surrounds them. Would any appraiser really risk doing this?

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I ask for referrals from some of his appraiser clients...

D

Deleted member 134708

There is a company that already does this. Forget the name of it but they are national. Good example of the Gig Economy at work. Good for him.

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I got the same e-mail. Uhhhhhhh, no thanks.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Email I Just Received. Is Anybody Crazy Enough To Do This?

Yes.:cool:

But let's differentiate between times when such a service would be allowable and wouldn't.

For most residential mortgage work, it isn't allowable.

For other types of assignments/intended uses, it would be allowable and could improve on an otherwise acceptable SOW.

Case in point: I completed an assignment for a private party on some rural land. This was remote land and access was very limited. Intended use of the results was to determine what a reasonable price range for the land would be if the owner decided to sell (no offers on the table, the owner was curious and might approach one of the neighbors).
We determined that a site visit wasn't necessary (there are no improvements other than some wire fencing, no wells, utilities, etc). i was to rely on what public information I had/could find and the owner's description.
No on-site photos of the comparables and no on-site photos of the comparables (while I suppose I could have included digital overhead photos of the comparables from Google Pro, I didn't; it wasn't necessary).

Let's assume that the client did want "street photos" of the comparables for whatever reason (BTW, the subject didn't have street frontage so it wasn't visible from the public access street). Could I have agreed with the client that a 3rd party source would be engaged to provide such photos, and we would agree that they are assumed to be correct?
Sure.
SOW, intended use, and the specific assignment conditions of the client will dictate what is/isn't necessary.

Bottom line, and in my opinion:
The offer to provide the service isn't an issue.
The choice to engage the service could be an issue for an appraiser; and that choice would need to be dictated by the SOW, intended use, and specific assignment conditions.
For some scenarios it would be fine; for others, it would be forbidden.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I can't believe he has clients. We have to visually inspect comps and all that surrounds them. Would any appraiser really risk doing this?
I believe it.
Me, too. Although Denis is correct. Wonder if he would shoot comp pix for my chicken farms for $45? Interior shots , front and rear. ps-the chicken house is 600' long and six of them. Bring your own disposable booties if you don't want to track chicken poop onto your carpet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks