• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Escrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin B. ferguson

Freshman Member
Can a seller escrow $$$$ for repair of a flat roof to be completed after the sale, they dont have the $$$$ to do it before closing. Is this permissable through FHA ?, or does the roof have to be repaired along with any other deficancies before the loan can close.

Regards, Kevin.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I do know of cases where it has been done, so I guess it can be done.

Lenders HATE to do it and usually won't. I also know of cases where a contractor took the chance of it closing, did the work and was paid out the proceeds at closing.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Kevin,

My experience is that the lender will escrow only for weather-related items.

In any event, it doesn't matter to you because YOU'RE NOT going to sign off on the flat roof inspection, repair or replacement on the CIF. On the HUD CIF, when you list VC9F, just type next to it:"DE Underwriter to review contractor's certification/warranty for acceptability."

Whether nothing was done to the roof or if it actually was repaired or replaced is not your concern. Don't even look at the contractor's cert or comment on it. It's not your job

Ben

W

walt kirk

Way back in the dark ages when I was a broker I used a roofer who submit hiss bill to be paid to be paid at settlement.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
We do roof escrows out here. Best to get it fixed before the closing!

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
If you are doing a conventional, they will escrow. FHA has to be done prior to closing the loan - no exceptions. I ran into this a few months ago.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks