- Feb 24, 2005
- Professional Status
- Certified Residential Appraiser
I looked and I know its been answered before, but I just want to ask again for own sake. I do a lot of foreclosure work and have contemplated purchasing some of the properties I have appraised. Here is my dilemma, at what point would you cancel an appraisal if you think you might be interested in purchasing the house? Today I inspected a house and I am seriously going to think about putting an offer in on it when they put it up for sale. At this point the house isn't listed as they are waiting for my appraisal and the Realtors BPO to come back. With this company they order an appraisal and a BPO and if they are both within a certain percentage they list it at an average of the 2 amounts from what I was told. So knowing that I am at this point interested in the house, but have not done anything in regards to the appraisal besides the inspection, can I still complete the appraisal without any bias or ethical issues?