• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Even states get silly stips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
So I get two...count 'em...two calls from different lenders asking me if Illinois requires appraisers to carry E&O insurance.

I say, "No."

They each ask me if I could provide the underwriter with that information in writing.

I say, "Of course not."

They ask why.

I say, "Because I'd be forever publishing what our state laws DON'T govern just for underwriters who can't figure out how to underwrite."

Nut burgers.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Aw Geez, Brian. :rof:

I wonder if there are any states that do such a thing? Were those lenders big institutions?

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
ahh, that's great Brain, chalk one up for yourself, would love to see the look on their face after that reply.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
So I get two...count 'em...two calls from different lenders asking me if Illinois requires appraisers to carry E&O insurance.

I say, "No."

They each ask me if I could provide the underwriter with that information in writing.

I say, "Of course not."

They ask why.

I say, "Because I'd be forever publishing what our state laws DON'T govern just for underwriters who can't figure out how to underwrite."

Nut burgers.

Why not tell them it already is in writing, its called Illinois Appraisal Law, found here: (the State statutes etc) and that by engaging Illinois appraisers, they are required to know and understand those regulations etc. (If that is not true, I suggest you make a move in that direction)

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Be careful Brian, Illinois might get blacklisted for being uncooperative.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Well there you have it. In Illinois it's ok to say no to a stupid underwriter stip!! :rof::rof::clapping:

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
But all of our other states do it...:rof:

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Do they do comp checks too?

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Charge 'em! That is what our local planning department does anytime a mortgage broker asks for a "rebuild letter".

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Don't you just love being asked to prove a negative? m2: :new_all_coholic: :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks